Barry Bonds calls Marc Ecko "an idiot."

cellphone

Bonds would skip Hall of Fame induction if there's an asterisk in Cooperstown

By MIKE FITZPATRICK, AP Baseball Writer

November 1, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Barry Bonds would boycott Cooperstown if the Hall of Fame displays his record-breaking home run ball with an asterisk.

That includes skipping his potential induction ceremony.

"I won't go. I won't be part of it," Bonds said in an interview with MSNBC that aired Thursday night. "You can call me, but I won't be there."

The ball Bonds hit for home run No. 756 this season will be branded with an asterisk and sent to the Hall. Fashion designer Marc Ecko bought the ball in an online auction and set up a Web site for fans to vote on its fate. In late September, he announced fans voted to send the ball to Cooperstown with an asterisk.

Of course, the asterisk suggests Bonds' record is tainted by alleged steroid use. The slugger has denied knowingly using performance-enhancing drugs. Fans brought signs with asterisks to ballparks this season as he neared Hank Aaron's career home run mark.

Bonds has called Ecko "an idiot."

"I don't think you can put an asterisk in the game of baseball, and I don't think that the Hall of Fame can accept an asterisk," Bonds said. "You cannot give people the freedom, the right to alter history. You can't do it. There's no such thing as an asterisk in baseball."

Hall of Fame vice president Jeff Idelson declined to comment Thursday night.

Hall president Dale Petroskey has said accepting the ball doesn't mean the museum endorses the viewpoint that Bonds used illegal substances. He said the museum would be "delighted" to have the ball.

"It's a historic piece of baseball history," Petroskey said in September.

So, if the Hall goes through with the asterisk display?

"I will never be in the Hall of Fame. Never," Bonds said. "Barry Bonds will not be there.

"That's my emotions now. That's how I feel now. When I decide to retire five years from now, we'll see where they are at that moment," he added. "We'll see where they are at that time, and maybe I'll reconsider. But it's their position and where their position will be will be the determination of what my decision will be at that time."

Giants general manager Brian Sabean reiterated Thursday that the team won't bring back Bonds next season. The seven-time NL MVP, who has spent 15 of his 22 major league seasons in San Francisco, was asked whether he will retire as a Giant.

"Yeah, it's my house. No matter what that's my house, no one's going to take that away, no one ever," Bonds answered. "No one's going to take the love of that city of me away, ever."

Bonds, who has 762 homers, broke Aaron's record with a shot into the right-center seats off Washington Nationals pitcher Mike Bacsik at San Francisco on Aug. 7.

Matt Murphy, a 21-year-old student and construction supervisor from New York, emerged from a scuffle holding the ball. He said he decided to sell it because he couldn't afford to pay the taxes required to keep it.

Bonds told MSNBC he hoped to reach 764 homers because he was born in July 1964. He said he's been working out and still is considering whether to play next season.

"I may hit two home runs so I can go home. I just think that I have a lot of game left. I think that I can help a team with a championship," Bonds said. "I'm a hell of a part-time player, too."

Bonds said he won't talk to George Mitchell's staff looking into steroids use in baseball while he is under investigation in the BALCO case. A grand jury has been investigating whether Bonds committed perjury when he testified he never knowingly took performance-enhancing drugs.

"I know it ends in January, so a couple more months. But I haven't been keeping up with it. Not at all," Bonds said. "I have nothing to hide. I have said that before and I will say it now and I will look you in the face. I have nothing to hide, nothing. So look all you want to."

image3299958.jpg

big-head-barry-bonds-clear.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-bonds-halloffame&prov=ap&type=lgns

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope the ball ends up in the hall of fame and barry boycotts it... and i hope that barry never even makes it into the hall of fame... hopefully they ban this guy from baseball like they did pete rose... and every other player who uses steriouds gets the same ban...

Fuck Mark Ecko and his ridiculous, silly clothing, but for once he did the right thing. I hope he put asterisk all over the baseball, so that they can't just display with the asterisk pointing down. People should write newspapers telling them to vote no on Bonds when he comes up for eligibility for the hall of fame 5 years after he retires from cheating at the game of baseball.

Barry Bonds is a crackhead.

C'mon now , not all Black people look alike , you meant Bobby Brown didn't you ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I cant believe he didnt go "Kanye wrote a song about me god damnit with that slow kid who cant rap IM FAMOUS!!!"

Seriously is lil wayne did this its retarded

Yeah, I'm so bright not shady

My teeth and my ice so white like Shady

Ice in my teeth so refrigerated

I'm so fuckin +Good+ like I'm sleepin with Meagan

I'm all about my Franklins, Lincolns and Reagans

Whenever they make them, I shall "hayve" them

Oops I meant have them, I'm so crazy

But if you play crazy you'll be sleepin with daisies

I'm such a "hayvoc" – oops I meant havoc

And my drink's still pinker than the Easter rabbit

And I'm still +Cole+ like Keyshia's family

Stove on my waist turn beef to patties

And I ate it cause I'm so at it

And I don't front and I don't go backwards

And I don't practice, and I don't lack shit

And you can get Barry, suck my bat bitch

"I don't think you can put an juiced up primadona in the game of baseball, and I don't think that the Hall of Fame can accept an juiced up primadona," Bonds said. "You cannot give people the freedom, the right to alter history. You can't do it. There's no such thing as an juiced up primadona in baseball."

notice he saved himself an out, by saying "thats how i feel right now, maybe in 5 years when i retire my view will change."

what a fuckin' douche.

as for ecko fuck if i had that kind of FU money I would've bought the ball too. I mean to keep it away from Bonds, look how pissed he is. Totally worth it.

but like seriously what did mark ecko do to you guys that so personally makes you hate him?

was it because of his bastardization of a culture that you people have abso-fucking-lutely no ties to its beginning?

was it because he brought "graffiti to the mainstream" like it has been since the late 80s?

but like seriously what did mark ecko do to you guys that so personally makes you hate him?

was it because of his bastardization of a culture that you people have abso-fucking-lutely no ties to its beginning?

was it because he brought "graffiti to the mainstream" like it has been since the late 80s?

honestly,

i dont hate dude..but find him very annoying..

kind of like i cant stand ryan seacrest...dude never did any thing wrong, i just cant stand him..

maybe it does have something to do with him "bastardizing" graffiti, BUT i do like his "in your face" attitude like putting cheezy graffiti designs on clothing so the same people who are hating on graffiti in their neighborhoods are buying his graffiti fonted clothing for their kids..