My boss is the man

GucciCondom

First off dude lets us leave EVERY day an hour to two early and we get paid for it.

If you have something important you need to do he lets you come in late or leave even earlier and get paid for it.

I called today because I feel like shit and dude didn't even ask why I didn't feel good. I was just like "hey Dan, it's _________ and I'm feeling pretty shitty today would it be alright if I stayed home?" He automatically just went "you got it, thanks for calling man."

I could do this shit a ton of times but I don't want to take advantage of a good situation like some of the people I work with. I call out and come in late the least, work the hardest but it is fucking sweet when I know I can call out when I really want to and he won't give two fucks.

Also I got off for Presidents day and Election day, and of course Thanksgiving. Holler for 4-day weeks all through the month of November.

Anyone else got a cool ass boss/supervisor?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I was working construction both our foremans were hella cool..One would just stay in the office "fillin up" paperwork, the other would just go and tell folks what to do and just drive around in the companys golf cart (the jobsite was fuken huge)..They would always keep us around cause even if we bullshitted a lot we always got the shit done. When we really didnt have shit to do, they would tell us to go hide in the basement or walk around acting like we were lookin for sumone, or to go home and not get paid.. We used to go down to the basemant and be there for almost the whole day, niggas would take naps and we would always flip a coin to see who would go get lunch and shit..Not bad for $27 Hr. ......Foreman pay , about $40 hr (plus)...

Gucci, keep doing what you're doing. if you're putting in the work, and keeping good terms, your boss will probably notice that when lazy heads start to roll. sounds like a good situation, i just hope the dude isn't a pussy, and that's why everything seems to be paved with gold. if the dude isn't a pussy, than he just knows what's up with people --which is a hard thing to find in some bosses.

my new boss is real cool, so i can't complain. we work together, so i'm more like a partner, but i know if i need anything i can ask for it. i bust my ass, get all my shit done proper, and stay late when i need to get shit done. the dude i replaced was a scrubber, and all that bullshit makes me look like the fucking messiah.

my last boss --fuck that. i felt as if i was treated like a fucking 5 year old. she would time me when i went to take a shit, timed me when i went on lunch, busted my balls with all sorts of passive/aggressive bullshit. it fucking sucked. coming from that, my new boss and job seems too good to be true. not to mention i've got a view of manhattan from the 33rd floor. fucking empire state building looks like it's two blocks from my window. i can't complain.

right now though, i'm manning the phones while the receptionist is on lunch. that's why this shit is so long winded and probably useless. also, i'm all hopped up on caffiene and cold medicine.

Few years ago I was working on the airport where they were paving new airstrips.

I was the surveyors assistant, which meant I'd mostly just hang around, have naps and obtain free sakura meanstreaks, cd-rs and marking paint.

Only things involving actual work was walking and spray painting the asphalt, with occasional numbers to remember. The boss(es) were chill.

Arby's? Jobs like that you aren't even allowed to take a 5 minute break. Nice try though. Many people I know are jealous of the fact I can do whatever I want at work.

Earl Broch, he definitely notices that I put in work. I'm the only person who he ever tells "good job" to and shit. He talks shit about everyone else I work with except maybe one other person.

It isn't a job I would want to stay at forever but it is great for right now. Especially since I am thinking about maybe going back to school for a different degree, he said he would work with me on that. The other dude I work with he lets take off from work all the time to "write papers" and shit,

my first job was an insider at domino's. my job consisted of answering the phone, and making the pizzas.

managers didnt give a shit if how much food we ate and we had a little tv/vcr in the back to watch when it was slow (and it was slow almost every day). probably the best job i've had up to this point.

It isn't a job I would want to stay at forever but it is great for right now. Especially since I am thinking about maybe going back to school for a different degree, he said he would work with me on that. The other dude I work with he lets take off from work all the time to "write papers" and shit,

it might not be a career job, or anything like that, but working with good people makes it a hell of a lot easier to go in every 9-5. if your boss is willing to help you out with school and what not --take advantage of that. some places bust balls and don't give any elbow room to better yourself. you've got a good situation --run with that shit.

i've been the boss in previous jobs, and i remember one from ten years ago. it was a music store, and it was great. i was that boss you'd want to work with. i'd clock dudes in when they were running late, just give me a call before you're in --and you were in (according to the computer). we used to burn bowls in the bathroom. we called it "getting bitter" or "cleaning the vents." we used to skate(board) in the store during the winter. it was a great time. the crew loved me, and nobody took advantage of me. it's just how you work with people, and know who's respecting and who's pissing on your shoes.

but that was a retail job. anyone who takes a management position, in retail, too fucking serious is a fucking herb.