BOSTON

HAL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
admit I am not realy into any sport, but it is cool the Red Sox won. But other then feeling glad your team won and having a beer for them or whatever else, someone please explain to me about diehard fans. I just do not understand people who live and die by sports teams. The way I see it, is that you do not get any money from them or pussy or anything else, so what is the big deal?

CILONE=Does not get diehard fans.

Sometimes its good to have something you can bond with your dad, grandad and friends with. You share in the loss and the win. And when theres such a big drought its nice to freak out and feel good about some well played games. Im not die hard but it's no different than being into writing and knowing who is from what crew and what era and all that. And writing doenst get you paid either.

This is so very true, KOH. Not only that, but in places such as Boston, NY, Baltimore, Chicago, there is so much history, and the more history there is, the more the games mean something. I love watching baseball games, I love going to Fenway, it's one of my favorite places to be in the whole world. Just walking out the tunnel and seeing the field is so exhilarating for me. I've been a Sox fan since I was three years old and discovered them. I've been die hard ever since. It's great to see them win, especially if you are at the park. Fenway is such a historic park, the Red Sox are such an historic team, and you begin to love them so much that you start connecting with the players, you feel great when they feel great, and you root from them even when they are down because it's such a joy to see them happy. I root for them because they are the Red Sox, the veterans because they know the game so well, and the rookies because they are living the dream. Here in New England, the Red Sox are a way of life, they are our pride and joy even when they don't make the playoffs. We love our ball club and I think the only team that comes close to having such loyal, die hard fans would be the Cubs.

It's also far different from writing, because writing is not a sport. You don't feel adrenaline (when you're not actually writing) and fanatically cheer and root for a writer, like you would with a sports team. Especially since so many writers are assholes. When you're a true baseball fan, you follow these guys for 162 games, and more if they make it to the post season. You are sad to see some go, hope the strugglers overcome their slumps, and feel absolute joy when they win a game. If you don't feel that way, fine, but realize that there are plenty of reasons why people live and breath baseball even if they don't play it, especially round these parts. New Englanders have been raised on the Sox since kids, for generations. It's one of the reasons why Fenway sells out after the first two weeks that tickets go on sale.

That said, these stupid faggot college kids tipping over crash and vandalizing other cars are low-life scumbags who've been in this city for maybe 2, 3 years and think they are actual fans. They don't give a shit until the big games and only then it's so that they have more of an excuse to get shit-faced and completely fuck up our city and neighborhoods. Fuck them, college kids go home.

For Boston, for Boston,

we sing our proud refrain

for Boston, for Boston

'tis wisdom's earthly fane

for here are all one

and our hearts are true

and the towers on the heights

reach the heavens own blue.

for Boston, for Boston

'til the echoes ring again

For Boston, for Boston

thy glory is our own