MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thanks asdf_va!.

yeah i was thinking about doing that after i posted the comment. but then i thought the nib might loosen up and i cant have that happen cuz i dont knoe where to buy / rack another one. but fuck it ima do it and if it fucks up my nib..well i ges its gona be RIP marker. haha thanks tho man ill tell u if it works or not.

Xylene doesn't eat pens for breakfast. It is however true that they weaken plastic over a period of time but you will notice when/if the pen starts to get soft long before the shit hits the fan (also bear in mind that youre not actually filling up the pen with pure xylene but rather a concoction containing a certain amount of xylene).

iNEED LAZ

That one is easy, just replace the nib with one made out of a material that doesn't swell when exposed to solvents. Foam nibs suck at this so i usually make replacement nibs out of 3m doodlebug and other materials that lets the ink flow through without expanding.

If you insist on using the standard foam nibs and don't like the swelling switch to india ink or other waterbased crap - they simply won't survive good ink.

ok here, i modded my sharpie paint marker by throwin my own paint in it and i think its too thick. I poked holes in the nib and the flow is a little better but its still wont flow all that well when I write like on a wall (parallel to the ground) but its freakin great when i write perpendicular to the ground like on a table or sumtin. any one got any ideas, does gentian violet mix w/paint cuz i got some and I think ima throw it in there.

Theirs a way to take a 2 liter bottle of soda

cut off the top

about an inch from the top

but a sponge styled tip like above,

a buttload of ducktape and hot glue

fill the bottle with ink

place tip in, wrap in ducktape and super glue

very messy but somewhat cheeper and similar to mop above

basically a waste of time but it's something if you're really that bored.

Theirs a way to take a 2 liter bottle of soda

cut off the top

about an inch from the top

but a sponge styled tip like above,

a buttload of ducktape and hot glue

fill the bottle with ink

place tip in, wrap in ducktape and super glue

very messy but somewhat cheeper and similar to mop above

basically a waste of time but it's something if you're really that bored.

Or just use a 1 liter bottle or a regular 20 oz bottle if you dont want to waste a lot of paint and time

What way do the zig woodcraft markers unscrew ? I haven't refilled mine with ink in a minute and I forgot.

You turn them clockwise

the opposite way you open a soda bottle...

for people who don't know what kiwi mops are here's flicks of all the ones i have and then theirs another that someone posted that's thin and wide tipped, on the previous page

21bcc686a2d06593712b5324c67a98c3-.jpg

Left to right

The black bottle is just a random shoe polish mop, easy pop off nib and easy to fill

next is

the Kiwi set

Small white bottle's a white kiwi mop

the next is a bigger harder nibbed kiwi mop, nib shaped like a triangle

and the last is a Kiwi sport bottle, with a round body,

Overall I prefer the kiwi sport bottle out of all these

their all pretty easy to fill

These are all glue tubes and car window markers

e6ac22872216c8a0fbc6b37876e840fa-.jpg

left to right

This is a car window marker, some kid posted it some pages back, works well with ink, but paint isn't that great unless you have some really thinned out paint.

next is a glue bottle made for envelopes filled with watered down glue, works well but when used with american accents silver ink and some thinner, it drips almost too much

next is a similar bottle but is made for big posterboards, filled with posterpaint, never tried the ink in it but would doubt it's anygood, drips perfect, pretty good control with it too

the next is a jumbo glue too, holds a ton of ink, tip sucks cause it's foam, and it just drips through the tip, but with a little bit or experimenting it would probably work really really well, throw a little bit of fabric to stop from leaking, i had AA silver and it's dripped like crazy and lines were pretty wide

last is a thin glue tube, works pretty well but also has a very thin tip and AA silver with some paint thinner drips out of this think like crazy, but is very hard to control, some thicker paint would work really well in this as long as it's not too thin,

also another that people have talked about is the simple whitebottled car window marker, easy to take off the top and fill with your own ink, those are probably my favorite, i have a couple in my car but was to lazy to flick em...

if any i'd go for those, very controlable and uses many diff types of ink or thinned out paint

hope this helps someone

if now well fuck!

anyone else post some flicks of their mops and if their home made or not

i've made some funkyass glass ink/paint bombs, all the shit ink/glue/paint and other crap that comes in these mops i emptied into snapple bottles and now you have nasty crap ink to throw at a wall really high and make a bigass mess, it's worked a couple times just make sure you don't get glass in your eyes!

Also does anyone know where to find Marsh ink? I've serched stationary stores and Rite Aids and stuff like that but can't seem to find it... anyone know a place I might rack some? if so thanks a ton. hope your info will also help others as well so yeah

well the rumors are right...

Uni-Paints are discontinued

but then i came across these krink markers, they have'm in red, black, purple and silver

their gonna be a nice alternative to the PX30s

Ive mod'd old decos by refillin em with krink and throwing a bit bigger nib on it from other markers, think it was like some wierdass dry erase marker, didnt work very well at first but as the nib frayed a bit it gets some nice flow and relative thickness to it for how big the marker is. Krink is kinda thick for it but you can always make a thinner recipe, and if your gonna be missing the silver unis and dont want to buy thsese krinks, rack the decos and mod em.

*doesnt mark as big a px30 but its somewhere between a px30-px20 size