MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 5 months later...

Tried looking through the thread for the answer but shit is too vast.

Some of my blackbook markers have dried out with barely any use. They are alcohol based and I'm wondering if there is any particular type of alcohol that can be injected back in to the body of the marker to get more use out of them. Any info is appreciated.

I recently bought some stylfile markers to see what they were like. They're ok, less than half the price of copics. They're pretty saturated which means they spread but are also good for fading but not so great for patches of uniform colour. For the price they're pretty decent, as long as you don't expect too much. They're pretty similar to the Spectrum Noir markers, which incidentally are the markers I have that are going dry.

• 6 years later...

I saw this thread way in the back pages of the third rail ( I guess?), and I thought bringing it back into the light for some of us younger artists to learn more and older writers to share on would be nice, I know their is already a supplies thread I made but I thought that bringing this back would be cool

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/30/2004 at 2:15 PM, chumbawumba said:

Dude etch cream (Armour Etch) sucks so much balls. We are talking about Etch BATH (sorry, I know this shouldn't be spoken about but I'm just trying to straighten things out). Etch Bath is a brown liquid, with a bad stench. Armour Etch is a thick paste way too thick to flow through any marker in a thousands years, and is usually applied to the surface with a sponge, and it takes over 48 hours for it to fully etch and frost the surface, with Etch Bath going to work as soon as it is applied taking a few minutes at the most. Ader47- you know me man haha im the etch freak.. I got 5 bottles now tell me when you get the Corio and I'll send it right out to you. Now, before we all get banned lets get back to the subject of Marker Mods. All apologies to mods and admins.

I have some brown etch bath and it works directly but it’s blotchy. What should I dilute it with? I was thinking water. I heard vinegar. To be clear it’s the brown liquid that smells sort of syrup like. Spare me the be carefuls I’m very careful with everything I just want clear opaque ghosts.  Much love 

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2005 at 10:38 PM, shai said:

^^^you might have gotten the last one, but, let me know if they reup.

check this out-[attachmentid=20153] found the mother lode....try garvey- bought this today- it's black. i'm stoked.

Image006.jpg.ed754598f8812f1ff986f36191783c98.jpg

Pints of Garvey XT-70 Violet. Goes up to $100 a pint. I'm holding on to my last 24 pints. Works great in my NYC Mop that I created. http://www.nycmop.com

10928156_10152996993533516_1184627651_n.jpg

aaaaaaaoooodemos111.jpg