Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FROSTY

MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if ur lookin for art type markers a lot of ppl like prismacolors or copic....or just get some cheap crayolas or prang

im bout to drop some knowledge on yall to save yall some trial nd error shit 5s.

i fully understand those financially unable to drop a few bucks on graff supplies, but if you got the money then this is the way to go. aint no 2 ways about it these are the best out there right now.

http://www.illadelstylez.com/graffiti_shop/empty-slimline-mop-p-243.html

slimline mop, 2 bucks, dopest empty ive ever bought. perfect size line and perfect drips everytime with no squeeze once the nib is broken in a bit.

http://www.illadelstylez.com/graffiti_shop/empty-mini-mop-p-247.html

empty mini mop, 3 bucks. hold a decent amount of ink and never disappoints.

buy about 5 extra nibs though, as they can rip pretty easily. they WILL still write fine with a shredded or even completely gone nib, the lines will just be rough around the edges. take notes kids.

whats the best thing to use pentel whites for? the little fat round ones. I got some, but they arent very opaque all the time.

im not the biggest fan of pentel whites but they have theyre place.

scraping the nib on some concrete will break it in and allow it to juice up more for more opaque lines, but they're great on smoother surfaces. doors, street signs, glass, etc. they arent very parmanent at all though

yeah, if you cop one of those pentel minis scrape out the top of the nib before you juice it for the first time.

increases flow.

that's a marker you have to shake like a motherfucker.

I aint really experimemted with mops to much yet but how tightly do u make ur nib? Rolled up rock hard or just enough so paint dont leak out the sides?

Lettme put it like this... So i make the mop, and the lines just are not that opaque, they are more of streaks... Make thicker ink, loser nib, or maybe both? I think its the nib, not flowing enough, but it always seems like if u make the nib to lose though it might fall into the mop(while writing with it) or come out while squeezin it

Lettme put it like this... So i make the mop, and the lines just are not that opaque, they are more of streaks... Make thicker ink, loser nib, or maybe both? I think its the nib, not flowing enough, but it always seems like if u make the nib to lose though it might fall into the mop(while writing with it) or come out while squeezin it

What kind of nib are you using? What kind of ink/paint are you using? What kind of mop are you using?

If you're getting streaks, your ink/paint is too thick for the nib/mop you're using. It's that simple.

A good tip is if you're using a nib from say, a chalkboard eraser, poke holes in it with a nail or a pin. That always does the trick to open up the flow for me.

Well i made the mop outta a bingo dabber, sock rolled up as the nib, and oil rusto and thinner as ink(not sure the proportions)

more thinner = thinner ink more paint = thicker ink. for the nib coming out put a nail through it and cut off the sharp end off flush with the mop.

I got it in my head that more thinner would make less opaque lines and streak more...? I want that solid black line with no streaky spots

thats hard to do with this ink. but more flow(thinner) would put more ink in the spots where it streaked before. what id do is when youre mixing your next batch have some pieces of wood nearby and just dip the nib in the batch and try it.

Thank you alot guys, normally all i get is forum ignorance. But i will play with these ideas today and let yall know, whether i got a bomb ass mop or not

Well to fill it, i had to rip the original nib off and it had some type of flow control thing to stop to much from comin out so yeah... Thats pretty much that

hey I'm new to this site so i don't know if this question's already been asked, but i don't know what to search for so there's not a lot i can do. Anyways, my question is this: I occasionally see tags and monikers and whatnot done in some kind of 3-dimensional paint. It sticks out like half an inch at most, looks permanent, I've seen it in black mostly. So what the hell is that? some kind of construction marker? glue? something you melt? Where can i get that and can you make it?

Help would be appreciated, no one else i ask knows what I'm talking about.

cheers

-iTch-

^ I know there are. But I was making a totally different point to what youre saying.

Im saying that Goodness knows what stuff they put in those pens therefore I called them industrial...

Theyre not buff proof because theyre paint... If they dont fade, Im happy with it :D

theyre extremely hard to buff.

youll need a chisel to get the paint off cuz it dries 3d.

i got 15 in the post for free ;)

whats a moniker?

anyway, what do you guys use those little pentel whites for? im not sure what to use em on, so far they havent been very opaque on any shit besides..mirrors really.

and does anyone know if you can get Dalos, at home depot or lowes?

xitchx - its probably a dalo,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZgdnEquEZk

thanks guys, I've been wonderin about that shit for a long time. Looks like a lot of sites have them too, I doubt art stores would though. Maybe some kind of special order hardware store or a construction retail store or something. Now to get my hands on one...