MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
that little plastic stick thats already in the middle should hold it up and out enough to mark with it but if you cut that plastic stick already just get a fatter nib and stuff it in there

or you can cut off the plastic stick and stuff a nib all the way down. whatever works. i usually only balance the nib on the stick when using paint mixes.

On the subject of making your own meanstreaks, I suggested that agggges ago in the thread. Someone did answer with a decent recipie that I should try and do sometime. It involved oilbased pastels n shit. Someone (IE Not me) should dig into the thread and find it.

making a "meanstreak"

im from the uk so these things are hard to come by/expensive.

get a load of oil pastels- wotever colour. (there cheap or free if you steal them from your art class)

some hair wax

some soap

get an empty glue stick (or use a chap stick thing)

clean out all the glue

melt the pastels down (you only need about 3-4 pastels for a glue stick)

ad the hair wax. (about 2-3 pastels to a tea spoon of hair wax)

ad a small amount of soap (makes it softer/greasy)

fill the container. and leave it to cool (not in the freezer, this causes the stuff to crack)

thats it.

ive had tags up for about 3 years with this(3 years ago was wen i first made it)

you might have to experement with how much wax and soap you put in but if its too hard just melt the same ine back down.

it does stain a little and is good for writing on wet/rough serfaces.

hope this helps anyone.

Heres the recipie. I have no idea why I bothered getting this for you ungratefull scumbags, I have exams in less than a week. Time to study...

Heres the recipie. I have no idea why I bothered getting this for you ungratefull scumbags, I have exams in less than a week. Time to study...

i used to make and sell homemade skatewax (suprise, im a skateboarder, who knew?:p )

do not put soap in a streak, it will wash away in the rain. then no more smith grin-uh- i mean, you wont be up for long.

haha, its been a while.

im going to go stencil a deck and go skate. ive spent too much time going out (u know what i mean) and being on 12oz and drawing to go skate. i only got online in the first place to make better stencils or skate graphics. the internet will turn kids rotten:D

oink, how much for mop/pen you just wrote with. i like the thickness. you have emptys?

let me know... and what colors do you got if you dont have emptys and only come prepared with color. yea thats it. i mean they just look like bingos but if im oging to buy something, id rather support some kinda graf orientated supplier

He used the Oink Mini Mop aka the Artprimo Mini Mop. He posted before that he donesnt have any empty one right now but should be coming in in a week or two.

But since then its been a week so proally sometime this week he'll have some empty ones.

so if i wanna make a mop out of my sakura cause its out, do i need to put wax in the bottom to keep the paint from comin out? i put water in it to see and it didnt leak but i thought id ask anyways...

if it doesn't leak, then paint wont leak, pretty self explanatory. paint is thinker than water, so if water isn't coming through, chances are neither is paint

and for people who have racked meanstreaks, do they have anything security wise, i was at office depot the other day and was taking it out of the package, but then some worker came towards me and started staring hard, so i ditched it and left.

POINT IS: can i just take it with out removing the package?

It really depends on the store. Some may use adhesive alarm strips but if you check out the box you should find it easily. Another tactic is to take the whole boxes to a less "interesting" corner in the shop (i.e. with lless desirable items) and empty the boxes there.

well since were on the lightweight subject of rackin....today i was at michaels and found those knock off KRink mops that michaels makes. and there was two of em and i was gona rack em but then felt bad for somereason SO i hid the mops so i can rack em next time i go. hahah damn i regret not reackin them though...i hope the mops are still gona be at the same place where i hit em.

The one shit we honestly don't get enough of is mindless vandalism videos. We have graff footage, people hurting themselves footage, people fucking each other footage, shit like Indecline and homegrown all available to us, but nothing of just drunk fucks running around smashing shit.

Maybe only I wanna see that....

The one shit we honestly don't get enough of is mindless vandalism videos. We have graff footage, people hurting themselves footage, people fucking each other footage, shit like Indecline and homegrown all available to us, but nothing of just drunk fucks running around smashing shit.

Prayers Answered.

Here's a short writeup on a new one i threw together today;

Materials involved (+ scissor and self bonding tape not pictured)

fatty-1.jpg

A cut up sock, nivea deo (only the holder for the ball used though), 2 pieces of felt (5mm thick), some short/fat dollarstore deo.

Removed the deo ball holder from the Nivea, upside down it had a near perfect fit in the other deo

fatty-2.jpg

Placed the felt bits stacked on each other on the deo ball holder, turned it upside down over the mutilated sock then stretch the sock over the back of the deo holder (cut of excess, then yanked the fabric all i could to avoid stretch that would let the nib move around) and tucked it in firmly into the back of the ring.

fatty-3.jpg

Filled the pen and put the nib assembly in place. Originally the deo top would go all the way down and screw on, but this would squeeze my nib and could turn out quit messy so i wrapped the tape a couple of times just below the nib assembly to make the top sit really firm so it wouldn't pop off accidentally.

fatty-4.jpgfatty-5.jpg

Unfortunately the crafts store didn't have any thicker felt pads than 5mm, 6mm would have been perfect for instant mini/ultrawide nibs. 2 bits stapled together worked nicely as a replacement nib for postermarkers though. No more scavaging for whiteboard erasers!

I don't know what happen in my last post to this...

here it is again...

Answers Prayered!