MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah I dont like the fact that OTR is just glue pens that they dressed up so 13 year old "sk8r bois" would buy their product cause it made them feel like real graffiti taggin writer vandals.

Plus their ink sucks.

See maybe OTR is a conspiracy to give shitty writers the least permanent inks and shittiest most expensive pens so that their horrible attempts at handies will stay non permanent like a fucking whiteboard.

Ill bet you seen is behind this!

Bump asdf_va for spreading the knowledge of the OTR marker. also Bump everyone on his respect list.

another Bump for Junobo for posting a pictorial up. That mop looks nice. what kind of base is it?

Also junobo do you sell extra nibs for your mini mops? Cuz i was out today and ripped the cloth on one. Im down to pay for a new nib, but if you could tell me what kinda cloth you used then that would be coo too.

haha fo sho. hmm illl go looking for one at a Michaels near me and hope that they have one, or something similar.

Yeah it works w/o the cloth but its kinda "streaky" when you write cuz its just the plastic pump on the inside thats writing, you know whats up no need to explain. hmm ill look into buying an empty mop proally then.

Nibs out of socks actually work pretty nice. Heres a Dovemop with a juicedup socknib;

dover.jpg

You don't need to worry about nibs falling into the containers if you use self vulkanizing tape, wrap it around the top letting a bit of the tape stick out and folding it over the opening of the container. In a couple of minutes you will have a onep iece membrane with a small hole in the middle. Insert the nib into the hole and it will form itself around the nib securing it in place.

^^whaaa?

Everyone: Stoked that this thread is starting to

become what it was meant to be. A thread to show

off your markers as well as get questions answered!

Junobo - Proving, with flicks, that it only takes minutes!

xRoguex - that line looks HOT! Whats the body???

Rabiater - thats how I did it BITD. Fucking awesome!

Ska8ter - Really starting this off with flicks of his stuff!

Way to raise to bar guys!

I am inspired to use the elevator and go to the next level!

Very nice.

all the right. marsh ink 45$.... they are just as expensive as scrap yard with just as much heat.

not to mention they are selling empty mops for 6$

although they do carry violet pricing gun ink.. however they are selling for 16$ 4 oz.

Yeah, depending on the amount you buy and where from. Like kartoonkilla said, you can get it for much cheaper.

some of us on here have been talking about that,

but I don't know a good recipes that would really

mark well, and stay solid at the same time...

I am personally looking into what the common

streak/oil bar has in it, so I can recreate it with

my own colors, and shapes, sizes, etc...

Keep checking back, I know it will be on here

sooner or later.

Another type of paint marker is the solidified paint pen. This is a type of marker, often contained within a twist tube, that is a cylinder of semi-hardend oil-paint with a pointed tip. As one writes with it, the point wears down and must be advanced to in order to continue writing. The marker leaves a mark similar to that of chalk. It is useful for marking on wet or oily surfaces. It is sold under the brand name MeanStreak in the United States. It is made by Sanford, the maker of Sharpies, but there are many different brands and types of solidified paint pens

Theres some stuff about meanstreaks.

I couldnt really find anything very useful.

Another type of paint marker is the solidified paint pen. This is a type of marker... sold under the brand name MeanStreak in the United States...but there are many different brands and types of solidified paint pens

Theres some stuff about meanstreaks.

I couldnt really find anything very useful.

^^If anyone here doesn't know what he is talking

about... Please look up "Mean Streak" in google.

Everyone should know what a streak is by this point.

Jiga: Most people know of these already... I was

talking about finding a home made formula to make

these from scratch. I want to make my own of what

you described^^ above. Check out the metal heads

section for flicks of freights. People have used these

"streaks" for over 70 years to write their traveling name

on the sides of the cars they hopped on to get around

for free.

^^I'm a little stoned right now... but you guys all know

this right?? I'm just now realizing that I'm telling you

stuff I had assumed you already knew? You guys know

this stuff right?

I fucking love my ghetto mini wide, I used it all up today. I used a CVS photo-glustick, with a chalkboard eraser nib. Refills in the bottom, but you'll have to find your own way o do that, because it's really complicated the way I did it. Ace hardware is opening by my house soon, so I'm gonna make one of those PVC markers. I'll post pics.