MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You know you can twist the pen top off and put a deco top on it it's pretty dope it works good

racking those = impossible, unless you somehow have an industrial supply store near you, that'd be your best bet

and the last one's a whiteout pen, which is basically the same lines you'd get from all of em, cept the bigger one would be a thicker line.

they had one of the bigger bottle markers that was refillable, doesn't look like that top one's refillable

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/paint-marker-564013/

Check this out.

I found a line of paint markers that work better than decos. These markers are super opaque and cost half as much as the elmers painters brand. Deco seems to take two coats to cover the page....even with darker colors.

They have a few different nib sizes and a lot of different colors..including silver and gold. They're just about...if not as opaque as the molotow paint markers I have.

aparently...

if you're on artprimo look at the on the run and molotow markers. they have a nib you depress that lets the ink/paint flow through. thats the valve system at work.

for a pilot marker you want an alcohol based ink. which is the stuff thats more liquidy.. such as on the run flowpen ink, pilot ink, grog, garvey and molotow has some stuff i've heard is good speedflow n coversall. i believe thats what its called.. I think thats what ap has, i'm just going from memory

but if you want something thick and can cover most other stuff get a mop. ap has them as drip mops. fill it with smash or any other paint type fluid they have. and they also work in valve markers but can be streaky so i personally prefer the mop.

hope that helps. tried to put it as simply as i could

using something thick in a marker with a "valve" (by this you mean regulator right?) would gum that marker the fuck up rendering it useless ..

use thick shit in a kiwi shoe polish marker or something along the lines of a bingo dabber and pop the regulator (the plastic spiral thingy under the nib) out

peace!

Well, as I know alot of you people still go to grade school (don't deny it...and as for those who DON'T, I'm not talking about you...)

Well, chalk is being phased out of schools, as apparently, it's not good for the body (Nawwww....). This means dry erase boards.

Hate your teacher? Steal those nice dry-board erasers...the material on them makes a good nib.

Still hate your teacher and want to ruin their ability to teach for the day? STeal their dry erase markers. You can open them, take out the crap liquid that's used for writing, get rid of the nib (or just use it...) and fill it with what ever ink you prefer.

I have another method for a nib (made from some UBER ABSORBENT material...) by opening a certain type of Printer Cartridge and using the sponge thingy (it's not a sponge. It looks like hair, but sucks up ink and water like one...) as a nib in a stolen dry erase marker, but I won't be able to post flicks because I have no camera period...-_-

^ reminds me of this printer maintenence cartridge in our wide format printer at work. It looks like 10 of the dry erase felts.....stacked side by side. It's like a repository for ink....soaks up the excess ink from the printer...eventually you gotta replace it....which is it's purpose.

Has anyone thought of using a sham-wow for a nib? It's pretty absorbent....maybe fold it a few times. Sounds like a joke I know...but who knows it might work?