Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

alex jones

Dude's a waste of time in my opinion. I think the guy's heart is in the right place, and there definitely are very good reasons to be pissed off at what's going on in this world. I just think the infowars site is extremely counterproductive to their cause and misdirects a lot of people into these far-fetched conspiracy theories. There are plenty of issues out there to get involved with that are irrefutable fact, and are also more palatable to the general public than all this nonsense about H.A.R.P., chemtrails, NWO, illuminati etc.

I think spending a lot of time reading that garbage really demobilizes activism. Twenty-five percent of women are reported as being raped in this country. There are transnational corporations poisoning millions of gallons of drinkable water every year. More than 10% of the black population between the ages of 24 and 29 is in prison due to ineffective, mostly racist drug laws. Right now we are standing on land stolen from Indians; people that actually know how to live on it sustainably. The U.S. gives billions in the form of machine guns and helicopters to Israel every year so they can continue to illegally build settlements in the West Bank against the opinions of a growing World Consensus. The U.S. also blocks economic and political progress in third world countries by funding dictatorships that facilitate the resource extraction by transnational, cannibalistic, corporate tyrannies. But no, lets focus on adjusting our tin-foil hats so the damn Jewish Masons don't hack our databases, steal our gold, and spray chemtrails containing barium oxide over all of the cities in order to control all minds!

If you want a non-sensationalized, more academic source of information to hate those "in control of the system", I would recommend the likes of John Zerzan, Murray Bookchin, Emma Goldman, Howard Zinn, Edward Herman, Naomi Klein, Vandana Shiva, Lucy Parson speeches, Henry David Theoreu, Ralph Waldo Emerson etc..

I said i wasn't going to defend him but I'll respond to your points since you were the only one who replied..

I definitely hear where you are coming from, and I respect your opinion. Just want to let that be known. What I appreciate most about your opinion is that you aren't coming from the angle that this man is some sort of con-man or dis-info agent, which I hear a lot of people say. I personally think that concept is even more paranoid than the shit that comes out of Alex's mouth.

I've always had the same feelings you have about "infowars". I personally think that Alex's approach to the topics he discusses is often more times than not, too radical. It's almost radical to the point that it seems like he is overdoing it on purpose to generate a cult-like following. His reasoning behind that is because, he says that people are so apathetic that we need to be rattled and shaken out of our slumber in order to pay attention. So, from that perspective I can understand his extremism.

As for your point about his work having an effect on actual activism, I disagree with that. Although I do believe that 90% of his listeners have never done anything worthwhile other than listen to him and come up with even more paranoid theories of their own, a small percentage of his listeners have achieved some pretty progressive activism here in the United States. The issues you speak of are definitely important, but I don't believe his show demobilizes activism relating to those issues. I think there has been a severe dissemination of activism in this country since the 1960's civil-rights era when a lot of our political activist leaders were assassinated/murdered, arrested, and harassed by the authorities and powers that be during that time. To me that had more of a lasting effect on actual activism in this country then Alex Jone's radio show ever would. Today people spend a lot of their time on the internet, and Alex Jones attempts to tap into this new era of social media activism as well as he can. For that I give him props, and as the article says he is probably one of the leading pioneers of this generation when it comes to social activism. Just look at what Egyptian's have achieved in terms of activism using social media, and imagine what the outcome could be if this country and others around the world did the same. I often see Alex attempting to tap into that potential.

Thank you for the suggestions, I've always kind of preferred if Alex Jones would tone his message down and take a more professional, non-sensationalized approach to the topics he discusses... but at the same time you have to take into consideration that sometimes sensationalist's are more interesting to simple minded individuals than people who present the same sort of information in a well articulated manner that is difficult for them to understand. That's why I believe people like Alex have a large audience, and than you have to look at people like Glenn Beck who literally talks to his audience like they are school children and see his ratings and his viewer-ship.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO:

As far as academic value is concerned, I would put Alex Jones in the same category as Glenn Beck. The only difference is that Glenn Beck worships the financial elite, while Jones condemns it.

Not to sound creepy, but I think you said you were from NYC before... I'm sure there has to be at least one freespace/infoshop place with some great zines and lit. I would recommend a place like that if your as into that hyperbolic anti-authoritarian stuff as I am. Shit's free to borrow too!

http://wiki.infoshop.org/Directory_of_Infoshops

Cheers

I feel like the guy is a sensationalist to give himself an unwarranted sense of importance. He is a brand name above all, just the same as Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Michael Moore, etc.

" three groups: a rebel alliance of liberty-loving patriots (his fans); masses of consumerist sheep (those who ignore him); and a sadistic elite (global bankers and their agents), forever tightening the screws on the imperiled remnants of human freedom."

All ove the mentioned above take this outlook, along with others who develop a cult of personality. And the second article is proof of that. Someone wrote something that doesnt portray him as god-like, so they are wrong, "sheeple" or part of the NWO or whatever. There is no grey with this guy. Its the black and white, with us or against us attitude.

He is creepily like a cult leader.

I don't get the creepy vibe from him, but he is a sensationalist for sure.

I don't even listen to the guy, or pay attention to his website, however when I used to I would usually appreciate some of the issue's he goes after, while others beat around the bush.

• 3 months later...

People like Alex Jones got me interested in world affairs, and I have done a lot of research which has led me to do very well in social studies. Definitely boosted my average mark.

But sometimes Alex just dosn't make sense. Kill 80% of the worlds population? Unmanned aircrafts spraying poisons across the planet? Illuminati still exists? Yeah, okay there...

He is pretty spot on with his guests when he talks about class and economic issues. And to me, the NWO does exist, it's called globalization.

You're on the right track, or at least the same one I wound up on when I was younger. My parents were somewhat radical so I had that going for me, but I started doing my own reading and drew my own conclusions pretty early on.

Another thing that's good to do is read everything on both sides of the issue. That way you can argue more effectively.

I downloaded the Alex Jones iPhone App.

He's purely entertainment & humor to me. I'll listen every now and then for laughs.

The dude cracks me up. When I saw a clip of Alex Jones & Jesse Ventura hiding in the bushes talking about the "coffins" that the US government built for their death camps, I nearly lost it. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

I agree with some of the arguments made here, more precisely Marz' point on how Alex Jones influenced his interest in world affairs. I would have to say that listening to Alex Jones and others like him definitely encouraged my interest in politics. Not that I engross myself in political discussion 24/7 (I'd much rather talk about things that are less serious, like video-games).

I don't necessarily agree with Marz' point on depopulation though. It sounds crazy when it comes out of Jones' mouth, but it can easily be researched and proven that prominent scientists believe and would actually prefer a depopulated planet in the best interest of Earth. You can read John Holdren's book which he co-authored in 1977 titled "Ecoscience" where he writes:

• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;

• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food;

• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;

• People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" -- in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.

• A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force.

and much more. It's not a secret, they write it down in text-books and teach it as academia in prestigious universities.

As for the mindless bashing and ridiculing of Alex Jones, to me it's just something that has to do with you personally. Either, you are listening to him ranting and judging his information based off the way he sounds or comes off, or you just generally have a spiteful distaste for the information and you would rather dismiss it by laughing it off or calling it crazy. I find that Alex Jones at times is full of shit and over-exaggerating, but many times the information he is presenting a) can't be found or heard about in the media even if it's mega-important, and b) is at least 90% truthful with an added Alex Jones' spin to it. The spin is understandable, as most media today puts a spin on information regardless, so it isn't much different from watching the mainstream news.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...