Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TENNESSEE!

SoulFoodMemphis

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I thought that was a law already though.

its been a while since i've been carded to buy paint, but the major stores will redflag paint when buying, asking the cashier if the person is over 18. some even have them put in your birth date.

i dont see it being a big problem, most of the people i want to see work from are over 18 anyway.

who cares what you want to see? graffiti is for the youth. not grown ass men that are hanging on to it or elitist graffiti artists that go to art school and consider themselves to good to teach the youth or consider themselves above what graffiti is in its essence. most cities have graffiti that is a part of its culture, not based off popular culture or suburbanites emulating cities that have a grass roots graffiti culture and a vibrant young scene. assuming you write it would seem appropriate to encourage the youth no matter how unsophistaced their craft is, or "toy" or wack they are.

who cares what you want to see? graffiti is for the youth. not grown ass men that are hanging on to it or elitist graffiti artists that go to art school and consider themselves to good to teach the youth or consider themselves above what graffiti is in its essence. most cities have graffiti that is a part of its culture, not based off popular culture or suburbanites emulating cities that have a grass roots graffiti culture and a vibrant young scene. assuming you write it would seem appropriate to encourage the youth no matter how unsophistaced their craft is, or "toy" or wack they are.

I agree with this..but just do graffiti it's fucking graffiti no rules no regulations it's art it's free it's uncontrollable it's also gay.

if you dont care what i want to see, then shut the fuck up. I CARE what i want to see and i care about the future and progression of this city's graffiti "scene" and the culture around it.

some 15 year old asshole wants to go out and grab some cans from where ever and go fuck something up to feel cool and screw up what heads in this city have worked for for years and when the fire heats up, they can just pick up a new hobby and say 'yea i was a tagger once'.

I rode through a neighborhood looking at houses to buy a few days ago and saw some jank wanna be shit on a utility box. it wasnt from someone who gave a shit about what we do, it was some dumbfuck wanting to feel cool and do something edgy.

ill guarantee you the kid did no research on graffiti, never sketched a day in his life, etc.

all that did was depreciate property values and give dude some false sense of culture.

thats the top reason i have no problem with them making it against the law to sell paint to minors. of course, somewhere in those reasons, dumb asses wanting to huff paint fits in, but i'd rather the fucktard buy paint and huff it than buy it and make our lives harder as writers.

dont worry about getting all chappy lipped and coming back with your new user name, made up to try to stir some shit up, youre wasting your time. you may have your opinion, and i'll always have mine.

whats funny, there are several people on this forum, in this city, who used to have the same mentality you have toward this topic, in more recent years, i've seen those dudes grow up and start giving a shit about the hobby theyve put their lives into to make what it is now. grow up and take responsibility for what you do, who knows, maybe before you know it, youve sunk 10 years into this shit and you look back thinking 'damn, im glad we didnt fuck this up'

then again, maybe you fuck up and OD on meth in a trailer park somewhere...

• Like 1