TENNESSEE!

SoulFoodMemphis

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I like the way blank posts up pictures. Like when I see the way he posts, carefully posting each one, he starts to get real sexual......

I like the way Keepitrail posts up some words. When I read it, and I look at his educated ass, I think back to when we would paint and he'd start buffing the wall, and he'd start getting real sexual.

I heard Zew be smokin crack with old black men in the alley, so I don't mess with him.

I like the way they be cookin in Tennessee, they get super into it, and start dry rubbing that junt, that's when you know it's about to get real sexual.

I like the way we be paintin this wall. I started to get kinda sexual, but then I went to big and had to cram the last three letters in, and there wasn't much sexin left.

coes1.jpg

• Like 1

Mayne -

I think get what you're saying. This kind of Euro-hipster 2kool4skool i'mjustkiddingbuti'mserious type graff. It's pretty rampant. But I don't think it's all-together bad. It's just where we've come to this point. Now you're starting to see more and more a sub-sub culture of graff. Look at most graff in the 90's to early 00's and you can see that there is a "style" of the times, even as it varied years to years and has come to fruition to what it is now. I don't know.. is it bad? It seems like graff has always been a rather slow evolver, with a few writers here and there who really break out of the tradition and start a new one. Right now it's either ultra-wicked-technical-superexpensive piecing or straight Idontgiveafuck bombing. I think there is a place in between the two which is the real heart of graff. At least for me. I will say it's more than refreshing to know that places like Oakland and San Diego are still super dedicated to straight bombing and original piecing. The level of dedication out here on the West Coast is stunning.

I miss that shit from what I felt was late 90's to early 00's in Tennessee, where TM, IA, and BW were really crushing it. I think we had a good resurgence there for a bit in the mid 00's but I'm not so sure. I mean seriously, how many writers are there in the whole state? Even counting shitty ones, maybe what, 30? That's a pretty small pool to draw from. There's definitely a new generation forming right now. From what I can see (and have been) there are a couple different schools in TN right now - the kids bombing and the kids painting legal walls. But it's always been the same, I guess. One major difference now is that I feel like the legal eagles have really taken an ego boost. It's cool and all to paint legal walls, but for real - after painting the same legal wall for months on end - thinking you're the tip top hop scotch tough guy that does graffiti? Cmon, son...

I miss the dudes who really fucking crushed it. Fuck it if you had an ego, you earned it. God, the shit Zew or Smok would say to me when I was coming up. Fuck. But I ate it up. Cause I didn't do shit but paint stupid backyard spots. I don't remember a single kid from when I was painting that wasn't silent as fuck when they were talking to someone who'd been painting for years.

"Back in my day, we had respect for them older writers, and we kept our mouths shut till we'd paid our dues! And we painted Interstates in the freezing snow, till our fingers wouldn't move, uphill both ways!"

Ah, buttfuck it. I'm getting a drink.

There's a handfull of damn good writers coming up right now. I'm pretty interested to see how TN fares in the next five or ten years.

cool story br0

homie that took those photos can vouch..the versuz that was under the hawk wasnt in good condition. it took us a while to make out the it was a versuz because of the hood kids doing doodles and clouds over it. no dissrespect to versuz or anyone affiliated.

Thats the truth. That whole spot got wrecked by some trip fairy with bucket paint and some paint brushes.