Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsencarl

don't buy shit from dell

a while ago i figured i needed a new laptop. so, i bought one. from dell.com.au.

we sent the order on sep 5. they said they received it on sep 6. they say the estimated delivery date is 7-10 days from the order received date.

10 days past the order received date, and they decide it'll be a good idea to change the date that they received the order, now claiming they received it on sep 12. i'm not even sure how that's possible, so time to ring up and complain.

we now get an estimated delivery date of sep 26. annoyed, so time to ring again to find out why the bump.

apparently they don't have any hard drives to put in, so the estimated delivery date is now oct 5.

oct 3 - laptop arrives at local carriers.

they're meant to call you beforehand to organise a delivery date. oct 5, 6, 7 rolls by with no call. time to ring up and complain again.

lot's of yelling later, and they don't know what's going on. they say it will now be delivered oct 12. oct 11 they call and say it will be delivered oct 15. oct 12 they ring up and say it will be delivered oct 16.

oct 16 rolls up. to be delivered between 1pm and 5pm. this has been one long awaited day. sitting at home, doing homely things, but nothing comes. nothing. time to ring up again.

now dell think they're so smug because it's not their fault, it's a problem with the local carriers. fucking cunts. after yelling at them and telling them it's their problem, they agree to call the local carrier to organise delivery, and give a one hour notice on oct 17.

and then it finally comes. got a free printer with it, but could've done with more.

don't order shit from dell. don't.

1910071318wp5.jpg

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.2 GHz/4MB L2 Cache)

* Hard Drive: 250 GB SATA

* Screen: 15.4" Widescreen (1440 x 900)

* Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB

* RAM: 4.0GB DDR2 SDRAM @667 MHz

* Optical Drive: 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/Double Layer Support

* Battery: 9-cell lithium ion

you got win xp sp2 with a new computer

thats not even right

did you order that separate?

I am loving these exchange rates, though this morning i got .87, tell me we jumped 2 cents in the last few hours

i could have told you not to order from dell before you went and ordered from dell and you would have avoided the whole issue.

and earmuffs is correct

Thats the first thing I knew someone would post.

Im on a cheap $600 Acer comp from walmart.

people whos opinion i trust highly on this matter say go w/ acer and stay away from dell..

Dude I deal directly with Dell shit changes with them daily they miss stuff constantly. They tell the customers what they can v.s. giving the customer something they need. We have had all the companies we sell too turn back to HP after dealing with dells bullshit.

Fuck Dell they suck fucking ass this is coming from a corporate dealer standpoint...

I am loving these exchange rates, though this morning i got .87, tell me we jumped 2 cents in the last few hours

we're constantly falling. you doing some trading?

i've had this dell for about 4 years and it's never let me down. But i know how to take care of it, so it loves me.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now