don't buy shit from dell

madsencarl

a while ago i figured i needed a new laptop. so, i bought one. from dell.com.au.

we sent the order on sep 5. they said they received it on sep 6. they say the estimated delivery date is 7-10 days from the order received date.

10 days past the order received date, and they decide it'll be a good idea to change the date that they received the order, now claiming they received it on sep 12. i'm not even sure how that's possible, so time to ring up and complain.

we now get an estimated delivery date of sep 26. annoyed, so time to ring again to find out why the bump.

apparently they don't have any hard drives to put in, so the estimated delivery date is now oct 5.

oct 3 - laptop arrives at local carriers.

they're meant to call you beforehand to organise a delivery date. oct 5, 6, 7 rolls by with no call. time to ring up and complain again.

lot's of yelling later, and they don't know what's going on. they say it will now be delivered oct 12. oct 11 they call and say it will be delivered oct 15. oct 12 they ring up and say it will be delivered oct 16.

oct 16 rolls up. to be delivered between 1pm and 5pm. this has been one long awaited day. sitting at home, doing homely things, but nothing comes. nothing. time to ring up again.

now dell think they're so smug because it's not their fault, it's a problem with the local carriers. fucking cunts. after yelling at them and telling them it's their problem, they agree to call the local carrier to organise delivery, and give a one hour notice on oct 17.

and then it finally comes. got a free printer with it, but could've done with more.

don't order shit from dell. don't.

1910071318wp5.jpg

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.2 GHz/4MB L2 Cache)

* Hard Drive: 250 GB SATA

* Screen: 15.4" Widescreen (1440 x 900)

* Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB

* RAM: 4.0GB DDR2 SDRAM @667 MHz

* Optical Drive: 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/Double Layer Support

* Battery: 9-cell lithium ion

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dude I deal directly with Dell shit changes with them daily they miss stuff constantly. They tell the customers what they can v.s. giving the customer something they need. We have had all the companies we sell too turn back to HP after dealing with dells bullshit.

Fuck Dell they suck fucking ass this is coming from a corporate dealer standpoint...

AT&T gave us the same run around for our DSL last time we moved. After 2 or 3 weeks with still no internet and an operator threatening to hang up on me when I finally got loud we told them to fuck off and called the cable company and got hooked up that same day. Switched phone service too. AT&T still calls us up now and then begging us to switch back. They can eat a dick.