LSD and the No-Hitter

After School Special

This is amazing lmao.

http://www.snopes.com/sports/baseball/ellis.asp

Dock Ellis Pitched 1970 No-Hitter Under The Influence of LSD

"I was in Los Angeles, and the team was playing in San Diego , but I didn't know it. I had taken LSD..... I thought it was an off-day, that's how come I had it in me. I took the LSD at noon. At 1pm, his girlfriend and trip partner looked at the paper and said, "Dock, you're pitching today!"

"That's when it was $9.50 to fly to San Diego. She got me to the airport at 3:30. I got there at 4:30, and the game started at 6:05pm. It was a twi-night doubleheader.

I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria.

I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times.

The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me."

dockellis2.jpg

dellisball.jpg

docke.gif

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

good ol acid!

...... FRANCIS CRICK, the Nobel Prize-winning father of modern genetics, was under the influence of LSD when he first deduced thedouble-helix structure of DNA nearly 50 years ago.

The abrasive and unorthodox Crick and his brilliant American co-researcher James Watson famously celebrated their eureka moment in March 1953 by running from the now legendary Cavendish Laboratory in

Cambridge to the nearby Eagle pub, where they announced over pints of bitter that they had discovered the secret of life.

Crick, who died ten days ago, aged 88, later told a fellow scientist that he often used small doses of LSD then an experimental drug used in psychotherapy to boost his powers of thought. He said it was LSD, not

the Eagle's warm beer, that helped him to unravel the structure of DNA, the discovery that won him the Nobel Prize.....

The abrasive and unorthodox Crick and his brilliant American co-researcher James Watson famously celebrated their eureka moment in March 1953 by running from the now legendary Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge to the nearby Eagle pub, where they announced over pints of bitter that they had discovered the secret of life.

Ahahaha

Saw him interviewed on TV and he spoke about it. Went out the night before dropped, sniffed, and was unaware that he was planned to pitch that day, showed up realized he had to pitch, popped some speed pills and went out and did his thing. They showed live footage from the game and showed him in the clubhouse and you could tell he was tripping. The team stopped talking to him after the 4th inning as to not to jinx the no hitter. Sitting there trippin balls trying to maintain.Good stuff.

^^^^

eh, I wont hold it against him, being awesome and all

yeah I agree that him being a yankee can slide.....

But lets not forget about this guy....

Bill_Lee_77.jpg

I fucking love this story. It's something I could see myself doing, if I were better at baseball.

Not the part about pitching a no-hitter, of course... just the part where he forgets he has to go to work, takes acid, and then his girlfriend is reading the paper and is lik, "oh snap! You're supposed to be pitching in a couple of hours!"