12oz foreign exchange thread: rocinhajj

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shooting happen when a rival gangs come in to try to steal the drug control of the favela. The police will come in but not always do they shoot. Are there shootings every day...NO....maybe 2-3 time a month but Rocinha is so big that many times I never know if there is a shooting..

The traficantes PREFER to run and hide then to have shooting. They only shoot if feel threat of something. If you are ever in a fvaela and the police come in NEVER turn your back to them or run...becase they just may shoot you..always face them and keep your hands out in the open air so they can see you are not a threat. If you are stopped by police, respect them and answer questions aas you would as a inocente but but do not be friendly with them.

The regular city police are not train very well..the PM, BOPE, CORE are well trained and come in the Favela if feel threat they use this big black car with blindado, so the bullets can not break the car, they come in shooting and yelling in the speaker for everybody to get off the street or they will be shot..

The car they give the name "CAVEIRAO" which means big skull, with evil fotos on it of skull and guns..it is to scare the traficantes..

regular violence with residents is not common. you may hear two people argue but if you a man and you beat up your girl/wife...you will be beat up by the traficantes.

If two women fight they shave there heads..

The traficantes job is to keep order in the favela, no stealing, rape, killing ..the idea is the traficantes do not want any police in the favela, so they want everybody safe and no troubles..

Unfortunetly the bad guys steal, rob, kill ALL OUTSIDE of the favela...not every crime is comitted by favelados though we all know Crime is in every class of people..

I think the biggest BANDITO is the brazilian goverment becase they are so currupt and blame everything on poor or favelas but they do NOTHING to help..

When the police enter the favela..the "fogueteiros" and "olheiros" let everybody know..They light firecrackers off so everybody in the favela knows the police is come in. This also let the traficantes know the police is coming in and to hide..this is our comunity comunications system to protect us from currupt police.

yes the Favela is beatiful with the light at night. I am very lucky to be raised here in this place.

I see other place in the world much much bad than favelas. Like some places in Africa where people have NO FOOD, NO HOME nothing...I am very lucky to be here, things are not prefet..but I am happy

I never try to say favelas is glamorus just is where I live..But there is much more to Rio then poor areas..but I try to be proud of my placde becase in Brazil outsider treat us very bad and why do I need to not be proud of my home and the good things thet existe there right?

more nite fotos in favelas..

Rocinha at night

rocaanoiteesi8.jpg

Favela Pereirao

pereiraoanoiterl0.jpg

Rocinha No Asfalto

asfaltoanoitegr3.jpg

Rocinha em cima do Morrao

favelabelezack9.jpg