TWIN PEAKS

MountHolyoke

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Sorry to resurrect a thread so old.

Just re-watched this show, and great as it was, I am still completely confused as

to what exactly it is.

Anyone have any thoughts?

you'll never get resolution to the weirdness, you just have to go with it

i think David Lynch had some great ideas, and really knew how to do symbolism in movies, but would evntually get too self-indulgent

at it's core, it's a movie about a small town whose innocence implodes in the wake of the murder of an adored high school girl.. don't read further if you don't want spoilers

I watched the "fire walk with me" episode on mushrooms when it came on tv, it was not a good experience.

um yeah. you watched a movie ..about a girl whose father systematically sexually abuses her, resulting in her becoming a prostitute, and when he finds out he kills her.. on mushrooms

i rewatched it a few months ago on netflix, was not as cool as it was when i was a kid. dale cooper is still the man though.

co-sign

Great show, but it really loses what makes it so special about half way through season 2 in my opinion. After you find out who the killer is and the show focuses on all the other sub-plots it kind of gets a bit boring. I found myself just watching to be polite.

multi co-sign

also that dream scene with the midget dancing was amazingly well done.

digging how they made the wardrobe and hair so over the top but kept the colors muted..it forces you to look at the surroundings in every episode instead of just focusing on the characters

amazing cinematography

"Diane..." - The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper (Audio book)

Early in the second season of Twin Peaks, Simon & Schuster Audio released Diane ... The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper, a cassette-only release that Kyle MacLachlan also performed. The tape consists of newly-recorded messages from Cooper to his never-seen assistant, Diane, mixed in with monologues from the original broadcasts. The tape begins with a prologue monologue in which Cooper discusses his pending trip to Twin Peaks, continues with the initial monologue heard in the pilot, and continues to a point after his recovery from being shot. For his work on this release, MacLachlan was nominated for a Grammy Award for best spoken-word performance.

Diane: The Secret Tapes of Agent Dale Cooper tape 1 complete

http://youtu.be/QaH9vP2GwGM

Diane - Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper; tape 2, part 1

http://youtu.be/1vRbXBEOjx4

Diane - Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper; tape 2, part 2

http://youtu.be/_5yfie6pl1k

Diane - Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper; tape 2, part 3

http://youtu.be/gSbwjTAkzYc

anybody ever been to the restraurant TWIN PEAKS?

its kinda like hooters... only every girl wears a flannel shirt thats tied up in front to show their mid drift. never been myself... i should.

my boy was the manager there

kept the lumbajills in line

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump

http://www.dugpa.com/countdown.html

Ray Wise (Leland Palmer) spilled that a scene had been shot. There are rumors the Blu-Ray of FIRE WALK WITH ME will include all deleted scenes including the characters from the show that were cut. Also I am hoping they filmed a new Red Room scene. Frank Silva ( B O B ) died shortly after the series but they could definitely do a scene with Coop, Laura, Leland and The Man from Another Place.

Here's hoping.

giphy.gif

• 2 months later...
Bump

http://www.dugpa.com/countdown.html

Ray Wise (Leland Palmer) spilled that a scene had been shot. There are rumors the Blu-Ray of FIRE WALK WITH ME will include all deleted scenes including the characters from the show that were cut. Also I am hoping they filmed a new Red Room scene. Frank Silva ( B O B ) died shortly after the series but they could definitely do a scene with Coop, Laura, Leland and The Man from Another Place.

Here's hoping.

giphy.gif

HOLY FUCK!!!

Where my Peaks peeps?

ANDY HARRY HAWK JEFFRIES JOSIE PETE BIG ED NADINE SHELLY NORMA LOG LADY DOC HAYWORD DOC JACOBY 90 FUCKING MINUTES I'VE WAITED MY LIFE FOR THESE SCENES!!!

• Like 1

hahaha bloodywish granted.

bw, did you ever watch the show Fringe?

There is an awesome reference to Dr.Jacoby made in that series.

anyway, i was a Twin Peaks fan but didn't like where it ended up. s'pose i will have to watch the stuff you posted. thanks.

hahaha bloodywish granted.

bw, did you ever watch the show Fringe?

There is an awesome reference to Dr.Jacoby made in that series.

anyway, i was a Twin Peaks fan but didn't like where it ended up. s'pose i will have to watch the stuff you posted. thanks.

I've heard good things about Fringe but haven't watched it yet. Yes, Twin Peaks the series peaked (heh) after Leland died, bout 9th episode in... It was like the best show in the world that turned into the worst. I loved the movie how it was but now seeing these out takes with the towns folk will be awesome.

And we just had a Twin Peaks / Hooters type restaurant open. In ATL there's a bar theme after the show. Drinks are the Dale Cooper's, Audey Hourne's, etc...

Fringe is good if you can suspend your disbelief. they do some fun shit though, i found it very entertaining.

i agree with your assessment bout the tp... i think david lynch was unhappy with what the producers or network was asking of him so he let it go off a cliff.. but i'm not so sure about that either. i'm a fan but not really a fanatic.

ugh. more restaurants with scantily clad waitresses, ripping from a show i liked. they sure do manage to ruin everything.