times are changin...

Pfffffffffft

last night i was at a hip hop show..

9th wonders record release party actually..

i remembered why i havent gone to a hip hop show in a while...

anyhow,

im outside and i hear this black guy on the phone and he ask the person on the other end of the phone. " ah yo..whats dat WHITE NIGGA'S name again?"

im thinking ..aight he really DID just refer to a white person as "that white nigga"

whats the world coming to?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The word "Nigga" can be confused with the Mandarin Chinese word 那个 "nèigè", which means "that", as well as being in pauses much like "ermm" or "ummm" in English. Although If you hear a chinese dude speaking cantonese, or to white people the other chinese language with long-ass vowels and less words that start with "sh", "nigga" is slang for "nigger."

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

last night i was at a hip hop show..

9th wonders record release party actually..

i remembered why i havent gone to a hip hop show in a while...

anyhow,

im outside and i hear this black guy on the phone and he ask the person on the other end of the phone. " ah yo..whats dat WHITE NIGGA'S name again?"

im thinking ..aight he really DID just refer to a white person as "that white nigga"

whats the world coming to?

Welcome to the early 90's. Now go to the principles office and get a late pass nigga. You're about 17 years late.

you must be fucking retarded or born dumb one..

fall back and read again..

talk about jumping to conclusions.

You expressed shock and awe at hearing a white person refered to as nigga.

I said get a late pass cause it's 2007 and "nigga" just means the same shit as "dude" or "man" or "homie" etc.

Maybe YOU need to fall back and read again. Or get a late pass Opie.

I'm going to a Quannum show sometime next week. I haven't been to a "hip hop" show in years now. I'm gonna be that old dude...

when i lived in raleigh, nc for a little bit [i briefly went to school at nc state], i saw a SOLESIDES show in 1999 in durham - latyrx, dj shadow, blackilicious, joyo velarde and maybe someone else. it was pretty awesome. shadow dj'd between each set.

the people i went with had no fucking clue who anyone of those acts were. i needed somene to show me how to get to the place though and talked them into going.

i think the word is used so loosely now..

it can be anything..

"that indian nigga"

"that preacher nigga"

"that cop nigga"

all is fair game

In Style Wars, doesn't SKEME say "with, like, a cop nigga..." when he's describing the Crime in the City car?

I know i'm not remembering that exactly. please do not get all up in my biz about what exactly skeme says, or if it wasn't that car...

The word "Nigga" can be confused with the Mandarin Chinese word 那个 "nèigè", which means "that", as well as being in pauses much like "ermm" or "ummm" in English. Although If you hear a chinese dude speaking cantonese, or to white people the other chinese language with long-ass vowels and less words that start with "sh", "nigga" is slang for "nigger."

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

i used to have to warn black homies about this before they ever met any of my exgirlfriends family..

Archived