3 months in BRAZIL, and this is what happened (pt.1 photo thread)

Pfffffffffft

here are some kids that have a stand set up selling artwork of the favela rocinha..

541068731_a768b534bc.jpg

A.D.A

553301753_a68bbfc53b.jpg

favela cantagalo..

549591103_1ebdac5f03_b.jpg

bilding a fountian for a film being shot in cantagalo

602751069_54362a6adf.jpg

view of Ipanema during the PanAm games..

919654416_1e1b7a45bd_b.jpg

more cantagalo..

918857077_f90abdd69d.jpg

christo...

from botofogo..

1406538472_ef27a4fcbe_b.jpg

look at favela Rocinha in the distance..

this will let you know how big it really is..

1410182471_b3b65486dd.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK YOU!! MY PARTY IS BETTER THAN YOURS..

BY FAR THE WILDEST PARTIES ON THE PLANET

A BAILE FUNK PARTY IS SOMETHING THAT CANT BE DESCRIBED...THIS SHIT IS WILD!!!!!

HERE IS A SAMPLE OF IT..

YOU HAVENT PARTIED UNTIL YOU GO TO ONE OF THESE..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqHM-1REGDs

AND YES..

ITS LIKE THAT..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGYWxrRcJKc

ROCINHAJJ..

i borrowed this photo from your flickr.

980095897_4e405c7152_o.jpg

i painted a piece near here (to the left) and watch kids smoke weed and watched other guys play with guns in a fashion that scared the shit out of me....after finishing, one of the guys who lived a few doors down from where i painted wouldnt let me get a photo, i was kinda pissed but what was i to do?? dude was rocking a huge medalion of an uzi and chilling with a 9mm..

these favelas have wonderful sides and dark sides..

the presents of so many guns is NORMAL..getting use to it wasnt.

edit*

that stream isnt fresh water.....

the waste from the houses exits through pipes into concrete gullies that run under sidewalks and sometimes straight down the mountian like a creek..eventually it all runs together in THIS man made river and out of the favela

Ok some thing that need to be told..Yes the drug guys amke the funk party but it is NOT dangerous as long as you do not be stupid. In the favela is safe becase of the drug guys. They protect the comunity. lots of lies or exagerations be told of favelas and "How dangerous" they are...can they be dangerous? yes of course but you are more to be robbed in Copacabana than in Rocinha or any favela. The problem is people never interview thos who live in favelas. the perceptions os that from the police or some goverment guy who want to scare everybody. The police are the bigest problem to we who live in favelas.

The Baile Funk party were dangerous in the mid to late 1990's but now they do not have fights like what is shown in the film becase they were stopped. But yes, they exist in the past..They call the fights "Brigas" or "Corredor de Morte"..you would ahve one side "Lado A" verses "Lado B", but now they do not have these fights becase the drug guys who make the party do not want the police to close the party becase of troubles. The police being close or in the favela is BAD for drugs selling...

I am a baile Funk DJ and have over 10.000 songs of funk..if you have question about this ask me, I tell you oK?

pppffftttt...YOU MAKE VERY NICE FOTOS OF ROCINHA..Valeu irmao!

ok the deal is if I am a MC who live in Rocinha the controlling faccion is now A.D.A so I can ONLY MC in other favelas who have same faccion (ADA)...understand..

I can not go MC in a Favela who is under CV or TCP control ..understand

ADA-Amigos dos Amigos

CV-Comando Vermelho

TCP-Terceiro Comando Puro

thse are the three main drug controls in favelas for drugs..

The only peole who can perform in all favelas is girl MC's or people who do not live in a favela..depending on the DJ..sometime we can play in other favelas but not "Fly Colors"..these Mean I have to cover all of my Rocinha tatoos..and respect the area I play..

No I teach at a diferent one but this was 4 years ago..I think the "Favel Bairro" projet go in Cantagalo and redo this comunity center..

Did you go to Diadema or Higeinopolous in Sampa..two largest favelas in Sao Paulo..but I do not lkike favelas in sampa becase is boring..I like living in the hills..

did you like living in a favela? you know about the descrimnation against favelados yes?

The reason I say this is becase I have white skin and outside the favela when i go in the store

i receve good attention of the salers but when they find out i live in Rocinha they give me bad treatment. it is prejudice, they think every favelado is crimnal or with the traficantes.

traficantesdx5.jpg

this tatoo is more then what is apears...everybody need understand thet I do not support the crime that go with trafickers..the killing, robbing..these things I do not liek or suport. What I suport is the GOOD things they do..with their money the help build the football field, a childcare center and they help feed and give medicines to the poorer peope who live in arfeas like "Roupa Suja" or "Macega"...No they are not angels..but you must understadn that the traficantes are FROM the neighborhood and most people know who they are....to be a traficker in a favela is hard becase one in the gang..You can NEVER leave the favela..bec ase if you do the police will KILL you..so you are stuck there forever..for me I come and go..no problem..Also becase of descrimnation outside of favelas, nobody want to give you a job, becase the average person always hear only BAD things about favelados and never the good that exist here, so they do not want give you the job..or if they do the money you make is verry little..and you can not live on it.

So, I make a choice do I suport a kida who is trying to do what "HE" thinks is best for him or some put safado cop who will not hestate to kill anybody who "LOOK" like a traficker..the police are the worst in Bazil becase underpaid and the goverment do not care if they kill a few "favelados"..