3 months in BRAZIL, and this is what happened (pt.1 photo thread)

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of this stuff reminds me of in cuba. Minus the graffiti. OS is the only writer that island's ever seen.

PFFT, thank you dude so much for sharing your trip. Your three months in Brasil definitely just made my month of October, and likely November and December as well. Sorry to have a geek moment but I gotta know what camera gear you were shooting with. That shit looks so crisp...

603032506_a57a7e3836.jpg

My eyes are melting.

if you dont mind me asking but are you brazilian or speak the same language? i would like to visit but me being a white guy i dont want to get killed.

no im not brazialian..

i picked up a bunch of portuguese and it did help a lot to understand whats going on..

i delt with a few hairy situations and my understanding of the language did help.

2 ?'S- IS GRAFF LEGAL OR JUST NOT BOTHERED WITH?. AND WHATS UP WITH THE HAND SIGNS ON THE FIRST PAGE(IE: MID FINGER, POINTER AND THUMB)????

GREAT SHOTS AND TEH MUJERS-MMMMMMM

graffit is not legal...its just tolerated..depending on where you do it, its generally not a problem..

i remember one day, i went to Favela Rocinha and walked around painted pretty much were i wanted. At every piece or bomb i painted i would build an audience of people stopping to watch. Little kids would be asking me for paint, i had to keep all the paint ON me, in a bag because they would steal your shit at the slightest turn of the head. I remember giving some kids some scrap paint and watching them go crazy. The local graff heads ask me not to give them the paint because some of them would huff the fumes left in the empty can..

sad but true..

these kids had no concept of good and bad.. i stopped kids from writing on cars parked near by...they simply just didnt care.

i went to a kids school party that was celebrating Brazils version of thanksgiving..

it is celebrated in the WHOLE month of June..

nothing but drunken parties and people dressed up..

here are some photos from the kids party..

602752369_df625b709f.jpg

1346301198_307f96604c.jpg

1345325543_b926221861.jpg

1345391673_1dbbf81f7b.jpg

The kids are hilarious!!! Awesome! You officially made my crappy day start to get better.

deffinately sounds worth all that effort, was it easy to get around and shit?

in Rio, it was very easy to get around..

it took me a few days to figure out directions and the bus..

plus they have these little vans that are operated and run buy your average joe..

they are illegal but everyone uses them..its basically a volkswagon van that follows the same route as the busses...they steal fares from would be bus riders...its faster and more comfortable..

?

even though your american and have a passport

do you need to get a visa? or any shots (vaccine)?

nice photos reminds me of PR.

yes, i had to get apply for a visa..

it was a pretty easy process but i got a ten year visitors visa..

i can stay three months at a time..

no, no shots...but in certain parts of brasil, closer to the amazon and places like that, YES you have to have shots..i met a few people who had travel delays due to not having these shots. Places in the north of brasil, closer to the equator, a bug bite can do some serious damage to your health.

A lot of this stuff reminds me of in cuba. Minus the graffiti. OS is the only writer that island's ever seen.

PFFT, thank you dude so much for sharing your trip. Your three months in Brasil definitely just made my month of October, and likely November and December as well. Sorry to have a geek moment but I gotta know what camera gear you were shooting with. That shit looks so crisp...

My eyes are melting.

i was shooting with a nikon D80..

if anyone wants to see even more of my trip..

i have MORE graffiti and MORE photos online..just send me a PM

looks like you had an awesome trip. did you see much pichicao or whatever? also how good was the shrubbery? and do you speak portugese

in Rio, pixacao doesnt exist.. only in Sao Paulo..

kind of like philly hand styles only in Philly..

PS

PIXACAO is the illest shit ever..

it goes beyond just a style of letters..

the weed was aweful in rio and sao paulo..

dry brown brick weed..

these people have never seen green shit..

but the brick shit was everywhere and cheap.

smoking in clubs and on the street was almost all the time chill..

not always though

DOPE THREAD homie!!

glad you had fun!!

damn...you were in rio for 3 months?....i was only there for 3 days!!

i stayed at one of the hotels off of copocabana back in 2005.

We only drove by the favelas, but opted not to take the tour through...

did you try those coconuts they sold on the beach in copocabana?

i felt alot safer in the ipanema area though...

copocabana had lots of hookers and pickpockets...

especially at night around that club called "HELP"

did you go to HELP?

did you go to a churascaria out there?

my visa for brazil is good for another 3 years....so if youre planning on heading back out there within the next 3 years....hit me up!!