3 months in BRAZIL, and this is what happened (pt.1 photo thread)

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fron Rio. I like the fotos, what part of Rocinha did you paint with the RG guys? I am fron Rocinha area Cachopa near the estrada da gavea..I have many fotos but do not know how to post..please tell me of how to do this?

Thanks

Rocinhajj

oi..tudo bem?

eu fala com voce no flickr. eu estava no rocinha com roler e leds (graffiti rocinha) emissores de luz. como você encontrou este site?

se você quiser pôr aqui retratos. estale a caixa com o mountian e ponha a ligação ao retrato. não duramente

desulpa se meu portuguese e nao bom! :o

I am fron Rio. I like the fotos, what part of Rocinha did you paint with the RG guys? I am fron Rocinha area Cachopa near the estrada da gavea..I have many fotos but do not know how to post..please tell me of how to do this?

Thanks

Rocinhajj

read the images section here... http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

and check out this thread... http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59551

I apoligize if this is rude to ask but how much roughly did you spend on this trip? I plan on going is why I am asking and I am thinking about doing this volunteering abroad program but it costs like 3 grand. I prolly would enjoy volunteering its just i dont want to spend money like that and not get the best brazil experience ever.

I apoligize if this is rude to ask but how much roughly did you spend on this trip? I plan on going is why I am asking and I am thinking about doing this volunteering abroad program but it costs like 3 grand. I prolly would enjoy volunteering its just i dont want to spend money like that and not get the best brazil experience ever.

I do a fair amount of volunteering. Do not pay to do it. In theory, it's supposed to cover your living expenses and airfare, but you can usually get better accommodations for the same price (think 40 people in a trailer w/ a port-o-potty. Unless it's in a remote area, you're better off on your own. It takes more work, but you get to learn more about the place. I find a lot of 'volunteer' communities are rather insulated.

Amazing travel thread thanks Pfffft. You take some really good photos too. What camera do you rock if you don't mind me asking?

I'm currently stuck out in the Kimberley region in the far north of Australia. I might have to take some photos and give you guys a look.

edit: that is if you guys want to see a place full of drunken aboriginals.

I need an epic journey or a holy quest...seriously...

You and me both my friend. I cannot express in words how much I want to embark on an epic journey or sorts. Is it bad if I kind of really want something huge and drastic to happen in my city in hopes that something like that would present itself to me?

Anywho, very nice thread Pffffffffft, i really appreciated the window into Rio.

ANYBODY who want volunteer conta me especialy if you want go volunteer in Rocinha. I help a organization there call two Brothers and it cost nothing for volunteer. You can help some nice people too. Not all in favelas is miseria and bad things..

You expense to stay in rocinha maybe cost for rent place that we help you find 70-100$US for month to stay, food is cheap. and many good things to do there.

RE; Alcoholica I think you meansay : Chupa meu pau..this mean suck my Dic*, why you want say this???

RE: Pfffffftttt...

oi..tudo bem?

eu fala com voce no flickr. eu estava no rocinha com roler e leds (graffiti rocinha) emissores de luz. como você encontrou este site? se você quiser pôr aqui retratos. estale a caixa com o mountian e ponha a ligação ao retrato. não duramente ..desulpa se meu portuguese e nao bom!

Para: pfffftttt....eu entendo todos q vc falou, sem problema mano pq eu falo ingles tb..sim tenho Flickr, ja e..sim conheco ambos Leds e Roler d RG (Rocinha Grafite)..eu achei esse site com meu amigo q me mandou..espero q vc ta bem eu GOSTO MUITO O Grafite..vc viu meus desenhos d Grafite ne? Demoroooo

Tchauzinho...

ok the drugs gangs in the favelas are in work with the police..there is no drug or guns factory in favelas..so how do they get there? Some currupt police bring in and sell to the traficantes.

The video about the conflit in "Morro do Macaco" is drugs gangs fighting with police..it sucks when they the police come becase they want to kill al the drug guys but a lot of times they kill inocentes too..

other then when the police come or a drug gangs rival..life is ok and safe for residents in the favela.

If the F'n middle class and rich would not come to the favela to buy there drugs we would not have this problem..thye are the same people who complain about anything to do about favelas but they are the one who support the drug gangs!