Monet painting remixed by douchebags.

King Of Hell

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the point I would make is this. This painting is bigger than the person who punched a whole in it. It's bigger than me. It's bigger than this website. It made an impact on a huge amount of the population. Sure, it may not man much to person A or person B, but it continues to affect a huge amount o the people who see it everyday. Its mindless bullshit. The whole "we're drunk lets piss on the sidewalk" mentality. It's less of a graffiti vandal mindset and more od a drunk jock mindset.

So think of it like three sports fans getting hammered and punching a hole in a famous painting for shits and giggles. It's a prime example of the lack of respect people have nowadays. People are just terminally unimpressed, and always "just so over it".

I'll tell you what I'm over. I'm over anyone who is "just so over it all". Most people don't kow what it's like to pour it all out there and try to make an impact, or just to try to o anything importnat. They'd rather sit on the sidelines making clever, ironic, or sarcastic remarks about other peole's hard work. Thats the way of things nowadays.

Fuck that shit. It's like no one wants to admit anything is truly impressive or awe inspiring because if they do someone will call them a jocker. There is nothing wrong with appreciation and the knowledge that you are very, very small compared to alot of things.

i don't know.

i'm not really a huge art person. literature is my preference. if somebody burned some steinbeck originals i'd be sad about it. not the exact same plane, but its someone who as inspired me's original hand. i can't meet him or talk to him or watch him work, but seeing the way he wrote is cool, moving, and it makes his work more personal.

but it is just some old shit...

Wait, so not everyone even likes Monet? Come onnnn, that pointalism shit if fucking trippy.

Hey Nerd Unit, I spent ten whole seconds really trying to agree with you on this. Can't do it. Art's not like wheat. You dont set the old museum on fire so a new one sprouts from the ashes.

I guess the point I would make is this. This painting is bigger than the person who punched a whole in it. It's bigger than me. It's bigger than this website. It made an impact on a huge amount of the population. Sure, it may not man much to person A or person B, but it continues to affect a huge amount o the people who see it everyday. Its mindless bullshit. The whole "we're drunk lets piss on the sidewalk" mentality. It's less of a graffiti vandal mindset and more od a drunk jock mindset.

So think of it like three sports fans getting hammered and punching a hole in a famous painting for shits and giggles. It's a prime example of the lack of respect people have nowadays. People are just terminally unimpressed, and always "just so over it".

I'll tell you what I'm over. I'm over anyone who is "just so over it all". Most people don't kow what it's like to pour it all out there and try to make an impact, or just to try to o anything importnat. They'd rather sit on the sidelines making clever, ironic, or sarcastic remarks about other peole's hard work. Thats the way of things nowadays.

Fuck that shit. It's like no one wants to admit anything is truly impressive or awe inspiring because if they do someone will call them a jocker. There is nothing wrong with appreciation and the knowledge that you are very, very small compared to alot of things.

agreed.

As sarcastic as I usually am, I agree with this. And even with the "graffiti vandal" mindset, there are still rules-of-conduct if you will, within that. This is just and example of drunken belligerency at a new level.

Wait, so not everyone even likes Monet? Come onnnn, that pointalism shit if fucking trippy.

Hey Nerd Unit, I spent ten whole seconds really trying to agree with you on this. Can't do it. Art's not like wheat. You dont set the old museum on fire so a new one sprouts from the ashes.

Yeah fair enough. I agree. I'm not saying wrecking paintings is a good

way to rotate stock. Now that one is gone it may be a good time to put

another up there, right?

What KOH said is on the money. Shit is bigger than the guy punching

it. Perhaps that was the motivation behind it. Whether it was a

misguided attempt at a political statement or just mischeif the whole

world is talking about that shit. I'm not convinced it was just some

drunken antics though. Will we ever know why? Doubtful.

A shame definately. I wouldn't fix it though. What seems to me a

more important fix would be the condition that lead to this action.

Especially in a country that prides it self on giving the rest of the world

"culture and sophistication". Some cultural upheaval causing havoc?

Wouldn't be the first time for France.

Now that I've said this I bet they find out it was Billy from Kansas on a

class trip or some shit! Ha!

You people are fucking retarded. All of you who are like its ok its not a big deal. ITS A FUCKING MONET!!!

Its HISTORY YOU FUCKS! Its amazing that has changed history and shaped artistic minds. Thats like saying dude somebody burned down the smithsonian everything was lost. PFffft fuck that it was just a bunch of old junk who cares...

Fuck dinosaurs mang fuck a dinosaur bone THEY AINT WHATS GOIN AWN IN DA STREETS YA HEARD MEH!!!?!!?

You people are fucking dense this is a travesty yes it can be fixed but it is a huge fucking deal that someone would have such little respect for something so important to art and the history and teaching of art.

God yuou people pissed me off so much especially Plezeo that kid is a faggot you seriously think this was for social reform!? Shit should they take this Monet down and replace it with some Dalek canvas?! Fuck you fucking faggot ass mother fuck god damn you people cant appreciate shit...

FUCK THAT!

Nothing lasts forever.

IS this a graff forum or not?

That shit served it's purpose, which was giving

Monet something to do.

Now there is room for something new.

werd, but dog I read tha shit on tha interznet and that motherfucka has staid up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071011/en_nm/syria_painting_dc;_ylt=ApIi7DU2QI72EcHQJAKJohOs0NUE

fo real kid, I hop tha I m up like that.