M*A*S*H appreciation thread

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those that dont know, and are looking for a reason to like MASH, the first few episodes featured a black surgeon who's nickname was 'spearchucker'.

then they found out there were no black surgeons in korea, so they had to cut him.

but again, his name was SPEARCHUCKER!!

for those that dont know, and are looking for a reason to like MASH, the first few episodes featured a black surgeon who's nickname was 'spearchucker'.

then they found out there were no black surgeons in korea, so they had to cut him.

but again, his name was SPEARCHUCKER!!

:lol:

how about Major "Hot Lips" Houlihan!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Is_Painless

Here is the song all of you do not like.

Through early morning fog I see

visions of the things to be

the pains that are withheld for me

I realize and I can see...

[REFRAIN]:

that suicide is painless

It brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make

all our little joys relate

without that ever-present hate

but now I know that it's too late, and...

[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play

I'm gonna lose it anyway

The losing card I'll someday lay

so this is all I have to say.

[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat

And lay it down before I'm beat

and to another give my seat

for that's the only painless feat.

[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins

It doesn't hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in

The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me

to answer questions that are key

is it to be or not to be

and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless

it brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

...and you can do the same thing if you please.

...Pretty emo.

how can you be in your 20's and have never seen mash?weird...that show is on every couple of hours.....my grand mammy had a bit of a love triange with major frank burns and clinger...ps...she coulnt walk for a week....she told me this story at my 12th birthday party.....my grandmother is a dirty dirty whore.......but she makes great sugar cookies....

my favorite show of all time...

you cant get shows like this anymore....

all you get on tv now is jackasses tryin to dance or sing in front of millions....or niggas tryin to prove that their smarter than kids....

pfffftttt.

there hasnt been a good scripted comedy like this in years....

i think after seinfeld scripted comedy died.

thats show biz for ya.

• 1 month later...
Guest shai_hulud

I watched about half of the series this past spring.

The movie was piss-pants funny, and the first five or so years of the show were great.

After Alan Alda became one of the writers, it just wasn't the same show. It was still good, but it wasn't M*A*S*H anymore.

Not to mention it took 12 years to portray a 3 year war. That was a stretch and a half.

I watched about half of the series this past spring.

The movie was piss-pants funny, and the first five or so years of the show were great.

After Alan Alda became one of the writers, it just wasn't the same show. It was still good, but it wasn't M*A*S*H anymore.

Not to mention it took 12 years to portray a 3 year war. That was a stretch and a half.

Ya after Alda got all the creative controll the show got down right depressing,the episode where he thinks some lady kills a chicken on a bus but it turns out to be a baby!!! wtf?

Guest shai_hulud
Ya after Alda got all the creative controll the show got down right depressing,the episode where he thinks some lady kills a chicken on a bus but it turns out to be a baby!!! wtf?

That was the last episode where he finally cracks up while he's talking to the shrink. I actually remember seeing that episode with my mom when I was a kid. Gnarly. I was about 8 or 9.

It's also that the show became so much more antiwar the Viet Nam war was over...well into the late 70's-early 80's. That was Alan Alda's call...but it makes sense. You can't really have a heavy, downer show about war during a war....most people just want escapism out of television and movies and wartime. Towards the end of the 70's, the country was going into a recession, and the general mood in America was pretty bleak. M*A*S*H captured that pretty well, even though it tended to be heavy handed and preachy at times. No one ever accused Alan Alda of being subtle, though.

Having said all that, i really want to see "Redacted". Brian De Palma does NOT fuck around- the fact that he's coming out with an antiwar film in wartime, not to mention a year before a presidential election...that takes some brass balls.