M*A*S*H appreciation thread

seeking

most of you will be too old to have ever really seen this show, but you're missing you out.

i havent seen it in a bit, but im laying here right now watching it and it's pretty rad. the writing was awesome and the political comentary was great.

you should love it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show, at the time it was produced many topics it covered were

considered controversial and unlike most shows it has social commentary

rareley seen because of advertisers and overzealous censors./no homo (sounds a little too TV critic)

Fact: The show was airing new episodes longer than the Korean war lasted.

Fact: Still on air in syndication.

that show came out in like 69... my dad use to watch it and shit

have you been running this shit for like 50 years? Props.

i did watch it when it was airing the first time around, although i remember it mostly from the reruns. back then you had a whole lot less tv, which meant every night of the week MASH, magnum PI, WKRP in cincinnati etc would be on. i never slept much as a kid, so i'd watch em on my little black and white tv. it reminds me of my childhood...which is both good and bad i suppose.

i've loved that show since i was a little kid and they aired it after the 6 o'clock news. I didn't really appreciate it until i got older, but at the time i just thought klinger and hawkeye were funny motherfuckers.

Now, like seeking and abc said, the writing was really what made the show . comedy that was laced with political commentary and adult themes make it one of the classics. Easily rates with Seinfeld. Actually scratch that, its way better than Seinfeld.

*edit: i should point out that the show was already in reruns when i first saw it. i'm not that old.

/nokabar

Seeking...I see you listed WKRP in Cincinnati! Hell yes.

Bay-bee/ if you ever wondered/ wondered what ever becaaame of meeee...

I'm living on the air in Cincinnati...

...Cincinnati WKRP!

everyone together now!

P.S. MASH is still great. I used to watch it all the time growing up. Except for those "very special" episodes were Hawkeye would get all solemn and the whole episode took a serious turn.