Im starving for attention look at me/dudes checkin out other dudes forever thread

AORAone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: i want to cmeup later 2007ola

it was a really fucked up ending kid was a genuis I guess and kinda predicted that he was going to die by his sister and told this guy and right after he did that it happened I think.

Salinger needs to stop being so disturbed by fame and release new literature.

A Perfect Day For Banana Fish-the allusion to pedophelia/the weiner. think about it in regards to the ocean/beach scene, it was a perfect day for the little girl to find Seymour's "banana fish", then he comes back and shoots himself in the dome...hmm. great story, among many other

A Perfect Day For Banana Fish-the allusion to pedophelia/the weiner. think about it in regards to the ocean/beach scene, it was a perfect day for the little girl to find Seymour's "banana fish", then he comes back and shoots himself in the dome...hmm. great story, among many other

I always thought Salinger was kind of a pedophile because of that too. They say he is alil wacked out talking to “Holden Caulfield “ like he is a real person. To each his own I suppose. Regardless he’s got them good writes.

"Hapworth 16, 1924" is the "youngest" of J. D. Salinger's Glass Family stories, in the sense that the narrated events happen chronologically before those in the rest of the Glass series. It appeared in the June 19, 1965 edition of The New Yorker, and has never been reprinted.

It is in the form of letter from camp written by an seven-year-old Seymour Glass (the main character of "A Perfect Day for Bananafish").

After its appearance in The New Yorker, Salinger -- who had already withdrawn to his house in New Hampshire -- stopped publishing altogether. Since he never put the story between hard covers, readers had to seek out a copy of that issue or find it on microfilm. In 2000, Orchises Press, a small publishing house in Virginia, announced that it would reprint "Hapworth," and received substantial coverage in the press. Shortly before the books were to be shipped, Salinger changed his mind, and in accordance with his wishes, Orchises withdrew the work.

Since the release of The Complete New Yorker on DVD in 2005, Salinger's story is once again widely available.