Glendale, AZ? (no not about the Super Bowl)

Pistol

It's been a long time. Let's see if I remember who to post one of these bad boys.

Or if the newbs will even venture into this thread.

Alright long story short the wife has been contacted about working a 3 month stint at a Glendale, AZ hospital.

Anyways were in LA and I can't really ditch my job for 3 months. I should say don't want to.

So she'd be there solo except for every other weekend or something like that.

They take care of housing so i'm not sure how much flexibilty is there as far as locations, i'm assuming it's a condo/apt cause they told us it's fully furnished.

So i'm kind looking at the heads that are familiar with the area to kick down some info on Glendale. Places to go , places to avoid, generally is it safe for a 20 something women to be around 10 pmish when she gets off work etc.

I'd hate to give her the thumbs up to go live in the Detroit of AZ or the rape capital of the southwest, nah mean.

Also I might be going out there this weekend some within the next week, any suggestions on a spot to stay or grub to eat.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

avondale? son, you need to specify which part of avondale. i lived in some apartments right across the street from some projects, my car got broken into constantly and these fools tried to fight me because im white. and by these fools i mean every motherfucker in that fucking complex. if i went out after dark it was always "hey, hey, hey, what are you looking at" it was great.

hahaha, true true ilb. but you have to admit, you miss it. avondale is nice in small doses, and of course, there right area. chandler aint that great, but ill tell you where ive never seen a cop, gilbert son. that place is about as bland as a piece of bread. i dont even think they have police, nothing ever happens out there.

Here is something I posted on MySpace a while back....

Phoenix Survival Guide:

meth.jpg

Get real zooted, then hang around in a Famous Sam's or a Dirty Drummer

NEW_2005_50_cc_Kids_Four_Wheeler_Quad_ATV_FOUR_STROKE.jpg

Quads are a lifestyle....Three wheelers & Rhino's are for fags!

carlisle2005-lifted-truck.jpg

Lifted White Pickup that you NEVER take offroad.... Don't forget the "SoCal" sticker brah!

128HLY.jpg

Hurley shirts, all day every day.

NBA_celticsBoB.jpg

Black hat - Wear it backwards

Sleeve.jpg

Arm Tatt's to prove you keep it real.

BR2.gif

Gotta roll strapped, the roaming gangs of south Scottsdale are no joke.

logo.gif

Don't forget your high profile job you earned with your ASU degree to pay for all these neat things.....

hahaha seriously, thats the perfect description of any scottsdale highschool kid.

and as for the st. not ave. business, fuck that.

the streets pf phoenix are hella scuzzy, anywhere in the northside is pretty clean, but yeah best bets are gonna be in scottsdale, mesa, chandler and gilbert.

but in the end its all kinda on your ladys preferences...

if shes feeling andventuroues give her a sharpened tooth brush, she'll be fine.

mostly we got a bunch of wanabe hard-ass wetbacks who stare daggers at anything that moves.

total pussies once confronted.

just keep her away from phoenix niggas, theyll attempt to fuck anything resembling a woman whos not black.

i think the streets of phoenix look pretty nice? i don't know. i stayed in downtown phoenix for a week. nothing bad happened walking the streets late at night. my mom lives in gilbert though. i thought i was a safe place until i went to visit my mom a few months ago and someone busted out my rear window while my car was parked in a parking space right in front of her apartment.

dumb fags, didn't even steal anything.

I'd say there is nothing to fear, really, Phoenix is not a true "city" by any means, crime-wise. All they do here is break-into and steal cars -- constantly.

I don't even think there are "REAL" gangs here, and the worst neighborhood here resembles the best neighborhood I ever lived in Chicago. That is why I moved here: to get away from gangbangers and corner lounging scum.

PHX kids get all upity when people say that, they like to pretend PHX has a ghetto, but it just has poor Mexican neighborhoods, which are not dangerous, just seedy.

Occasionally a meth-head shoots somebody in a gas station parking lot, but as for the usual city violence, it is nonexistent. I personally think it is because nobody walks here. The sidewalks are empty, so nobody is around to fuck with you. If somebody is on a sidewalk, they are either an illegal or have multiple DUI's.

whens the last time you were in phoenix?

im not tring to make phx sound hard or nothing but its gotten worse in several areas.

were not the greatest city in the us, but at least were not detroit.

If you are asking me.. I live here now.

I moved here because it is safe compared to other cities, and it is Chicago's biggest suburb.

For three years, I have been searching for the so-called mythical ghetto, and a graffiti scene. nothing.

If you think PHX is unsafe, then this must be the only city you have lived in.

we've had our share of crazy events.

a few celebrity murders, drug scandals, and what have you.

next time your down here, ill show you side other side of phoenix.

and yeah its not a totally dangerous city, we all know that.

and yea the graff scene isnt the best but you gotta know who's who and you shouldnt have a problem.

Just got the news. The recruiter called on thursday and told my chick to talk it over with me and she'd get back to her on monday.

monday comes around and the recruiter was told they had to stop accepting new applications for that site.

now i feel kinda bad, you know if she wasn't with me she coulda got a sweet deal out there.

fuck it.

sidenote they got naked people dancing in the streets out there and statues of homeless dudes picking through trash, nuts.

anyways thanks for the advice/help. chances are there might be a new city/thread later.