Endangered Species

Ski Mask

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portec is now a division of Thrall, they make cars and all sorts of random railroading equipment and devices. couldnt find anything about RAVE, but I'd imagine its just some sort of device/equipment to help prevent damage by vandalism. i.e. shit getting broken, nothing to do with graffiti. where did you get the sign...that might help?

anybody else noticing fewer railboxes lately? i used to see them almost daily, now i'm lucky if i see two in a month...

I still see a healthy amount, but the numbers have definitely dropped. years ago it looked like a mass rbox repaint was underway and we were worried, but the ones I see thesedays are mostly crusty as shit.

explain rule 88

Rule 88 basically states that after 50 years, a car is restricted from interchange service. So that car can only operate on its own line, which of course, for most cars, makes it useless. Its a way of saying that after 50 years, cars need to be scrapped. Their are provisions in this rule that say that if the car is rebuilt in its lifetime, it can exceed those 50 years.

However, as of October 1st 2006, rule 88 now is a 65 year rule, instead of 50 years.