Endangered Species

Ski Mask

this is a really cool thread. i came looking for info on EEC's and i found it. i painted an EEC car that had been beat to shit, but was just freshly repainted 11-07. but i looked up the reporting marks and though it only ran near erie PA. it was teh first time i had seen an EEC and since then ive hit another and benched quite a few. and most are old red or blue cars that had been restamped. so i was wondering if they are still shortline or not. but i dont think those are on the endangared list cause i caught one that was rebuilt that recently.... 50 more years for him

why would they not be a short line?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw this logo going by, the car was restamped as bnsf.

so i was wondering what was up with these gems? anyone still see them around?

According to Wikipedia:

"In 1970 the Great Northern, together with the Northern Pacific, the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad and the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Railway merged to form the Burlington Northern Railroad, today part of the BNSF Railway."

Some restamped GNs are still in service--mainly woodchip gondolas.

• Like 1

this is a really cool thread. i came looking for info on EEC's and i found it. i painted an EEC car that had been beat to shit, but was just freshly repainted 11-07. but i looked up the reporting marks and though it only ran near erie PA. it was teh first time i had seen an EEC and since then ive hit another and benched quite a few. and most are old red or blue cars that had been restamped. so i was wondering if they are still shortline or not. but i dont think those are on the endangared list cause i caught one that was rebuilt that recently.... 50 more years for him

i

i just caught these today...i see a lot of really awesome restamped EECs some still have the original paint. these things get around for sure though.

DSCN2050.jpg

DSCN2033.jpg

this one is mint.

allow me to solve the eec mystery. EEC is East Erie Commercial Railroad. This isnt just any shortline, it is 100% owned by GE, and serves the GE Locomotive plant in erie. Now this alone wouldnt explain the amount of cars they own, but it seems like they are using the line as a proxy for the GE leasing service. Instead of operating the cars under the leasing company reporting marks (NACX, NADX, NAFX, etc.) owning this railroad allows them to operate the cars as regular rolling stock owned by east erie. I cant explain exactly why they would do this, but I suspect it has allot to do with some of the weirder operating, taxation, and duty rules that apply to the industry.

I found a partial list of railroads who have old cars bought out by EEC:

Ashley, Drew and Northern

Atlantic and Western

Berlin Mills Railway

British Columbia Railroad

FMC Chemicals

Hutchinson Northern

Lamoille Valley

Lapeyrouse Grain Corporation

Michigan Elevator Exchange

Marinette, Tomahawk and Western

Milwaukee Road

Mississippi Export

New Orleans Public Belt

North, Louisiana and Gulf

Pillsbury

St. Mary's Railraod

Valdosta Southern

West Central Grain Corporation

maybe i dont understand things still. but if their a short line from PA then what are they doing all the way over on the west coast?

if a customer is on, lets say eec, and they load a car with paper rolls, the customer sells that product to say california, then they ship that car to california, the railroad who recieves it, when the customer empties it, they send it back to eec in the north, thats fairly simple

from the FAQ section of CSX.com

Q. What is the North American Boxcar Pool?

A. This is a railroad industry - wide effort to create greater asset availability by combining cars owned by various railroads into one large pool, used by its participating members.

in abbreviated laymans terms it is why you see all types of cars on one line

well whats good my dudes...i stumbled across this thread and seen some crazy shit in it...i got restamps out the ass...god bless eec and hs if it wasn't for those lines i would never have gotten any of these flix im about to show you....most of these are from hard disk and never seen before thank mf doom and magic hat for the flix...holla at me --->AM<---one kool cat...i always play to win....

[ATTACH]76440.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76441.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76442.vB[/ATTACH]

metre.jpg.99f51f1272033490a9dca5afb06dc266.jpg

atlanticw.jpg.0ffdabcacf8babec0c894964e8cf7f7e.jpg

hutchinsonnorthern.jpg.47f85c7ea2aafa1b424506c665a374b9.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...