Endangered Species

Ski Mask

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the fliks kendrick. those PHDs with the right side numbers are classic. wonder if any of them are still around in transit.

the BAR heritage scheme with the MMA marks are dope too. wonder if its runnin or just a novelty:

here is me and my boy chillin in an old crusty ass one one back in 98. shits probably in boxcar hell by now.

checkmate.jpg

and i saw a lamb about 2 years ago...come to think of it it was an xs height.

i saw that lamb weston logo on some frozen hashbrowns in walmart once.

• 3 weeks later...

looks like another small line bit the dust. I caught a HUUUUUGE line of CJPX flats at the yard today. they look like those MET flats (big brown flats with two plug-doors and hardly any bars) but it wasnt MET. The whole line was crushed, including lots of NJ people. I know a few lines had cars like these, but I cant remember names. CJPX is a GE leasing company, and the stamps were fresh. this line was seriously like 50-60 cars long, all the same type. I'll have photos in metalheads in a bit. the graff is still running strong, but I dont think the cars will be showing up in the same areas any more.

ese...i've got a line of about sixty up,mp,sp flats and mini-ridges that have been slowly collecting from my yard sitting in front of my house for the last two plus months. also, about three hours north from me is around 40 upfe's that are soon to be no more. i've been fortunate to watch a particular yard for a long time and have seen cars that were labeled retired show back up a year later or more still carrying stuff around. my point is that the railroads motives arent always to end a cars life but to evaluate it and do what they can to maximize the life left. i bet some of the nj people on those flats are happier than hell that those things are going to end up somewhere else...i know that if i never saw another golden west ridge i wouldnt shed a tear...

11_19_07

Chessies cats are still running threw here (Chicago)

A handful Green Penn centrals surived & are now KELX

Hydracusions & Cotton belts are still running (Chicago)

CNW flats & CNW autopartz flats still runnin..(Chicago)

A handful Rock island cars still runnin..(Chicago)

Many Milwaukee Roads cars stilll runnin.(Chicago)

CP Pacman & QGRYs cars are still running strong threw here & at North Fondulac Wisconsin..

iIf you want to catch alot of good older cars The CN is the road that runs em hard!!

Note: the Escanaba & Lake Superior Railroad is the King of old cars- they have every Assortment

of Classics rolling stock... The place to see ALOT of these nice oldies is in Green Bay Wisconsin...

Also, just because you see huge lines of cars In a line dosent mean they are off to the scapper..

I traced cars I seen before In the deadline & the trace said the cars were in constructive placement and storage.. I then seen them back in service with new touched up paint and fabricated welded spots of steel..

i havent watched trains in a minute - over a year. the last milwaukee road i saw was an airslide in 99. wanted to get it but it was in the light.

MPs are dope. ever see any Western Pacifics? St. Marinette Tomahawk and Westerns are pretty vintage. cant recall ever seeing one in person, ive seen models tho. not familiar with berlin mills logo either. funny thing is when i did a google search for berlin mills railroad this came up....kind of ironic

bode_berlin2006.jpg

I'm seeing the Berlin Mills rollin' thru Georgia, about 4-5 the last few months. What about Milwaukee Road boxcars? or those old St. Marinette Tomahawk and Western boxes? Missouri Pacifics are dope catches too.

there's still some milwaukee road hi-cubes with MDW reporting marks floating around with the IBT's

11_19_07

CP Pacman & QGRYs cars are still running strong threw here & at North Fondulac Wisconsin..

iIf you want to catch alot of good older cars The CN is the road that runs em hard!!

Note: the Escanaba & Lake Superior Railroad is the King of old cars- they have every Assortment

of Classics rolling stock... The place to see ALOT of these nice oldies is in Green Bay Wisconsin...

Also, just because you see huge lines of cars In a line dosent mean they are off to the scapper..

I traced cars I seen before In the deadline & the trace said the cars were in constructive placement and storage.. I then seen them back in service with new touched up paint and fabricated welded spots of steel..

whole lines rarely means scrapper actually, more so, whole lines of specific cars rarely mean scrap, generally means storage. Constructive placement is just a way that the railraod can make money when cars sit, large paper places and what have you order so many cars that they cant hold, and the railroad charges them to have them held up but not in use, shit like that.

Like everyting else, it comes in season, paper season being hardest in the early months of a year, so middle part of the year shit gets stored.

Heres some interesting flix I've taken over the past 6 months...

Berlin Mills, the second one didn't leave the spot untouched...

025-3.jpg

HPIM1183.jpg

Retired Solid Gold, now a CSX Storage car at the yards in Atlanta:

9-11-05038.jpg

Dope older UP flatty still rollin' with the "We Can Handle it" logo

9-11-05035.jpg

SP Autoparts boxcar caught rollin'

IM002672.jpg

Abandoned Chessie System flatty left spotted at a warehouse, makes you think if the RR just forgot about it or if the warehouse bought it for extra storage?

IM001165.jpg

Check this out, an old Penn Central boxcar that went to CSX after the Conrail splitup, fitted with a rollup door and personnel door, this car is used in M.O.W. service on CSX...

IM003575.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
11_19_07

It's amazing that some of those cars are still going around with their original paint even 30+ years after they went out of business.

IM001165.jpg

damn, cant believe that thing is still there. isnt that track damaged? even if they wanted to move it they couldnt.

and now that i am seeing them berlin mills cars i have see those before...a bunch of times.

the B&O dome logos are still runnin around. A lot of short hoppers near me so i see all that kind of shit. lots of chessie short hopper csxt restamps too. MKTs you name it. if its a shortie i have seen it.

this is a really cool thread. i came looking for info on EEC's and i found it. i painted an EEC car that had been beat to shit, but was just freshly repainted 11-07. but i looked up the reporting marks and though it only ran near erie PA. it was teh first time i had seen an EEC and since then ive hit another and benched quite a few. and most are old red or blue cars that had been restamped. so i was wondering if they are still shortline or not. but i dont think those are on the endangared list cause i caught one that was rebuilt that recently.... 50 more years for him