Clothing Ban in Vancouver

Hayabusa

Couture Clothing Banned From Vancouver Clubs and Bars

coutureban.jpg

I was listening to the radio this morning and apparently several popular clothing brands have been banned from clubs and bars in Metro Vancouver, particularly those along Granville Street in Downtown. Anyone wearing t-shirts and other clothing from these couture brands will either be turned away or told to flip their shirts inside out to hide the design.

The reasoning behind this ban -- which started rolling out a couple weeks ago -- is that these brands have been associated with "gangster" activity, like the violent acts that happened at Quattro on Fourth, an East Vancouver home, and in Langley, the last of which involved a person with Hells Angels connections. Club and bar owners are cracking down to help prevent further violence.

Banned fashion labels include Ed Hardy, Xtreme Couture, and Affliction. All of these use "trendy motifs like tattoos, skulls and chains." Affliction is a brand made popular by folks like Ozzy Osbourne and Paris Hilton.

Source: Vancouver Sun

http://www.2010vancouver.ca/couture-clothing-banned-from-vancouver-clubs-and-bars-014260.php

i find it funny seeing as how these brands are soooo over used downtown, i wonder what some of those people will wear now

from trendy and fashionable to out right banned over night

i love my city

well kinda my city

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=07bf8c97-dd4e-4edd-a755-acebc7ade788&k=69749&p=1

this is the entire article

supposedly the police didnt initiate this, and it was all the bar owners ideas

i think its completely stupid, as these brands are nothing more than popular among people, and everyone wears them. not just gangsters

hahaha

Army of Douches. I was stuck behind one of these tools at the gas station today. driving a black rx-7 with tinted windows and no less than 3 "Tapout" decals on the back. Wearing an affliction shirt 2 times too small, to show off his wicked sweet tribals, partly covered by shitty new "traditional" sleeves with daggers and hearts and skulls. gauged ears, way too many other ear piercings. hair like a gotti son.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

King Diamond shirts

FTW

Army of Douches. I was stuck behind one of these tools at the gas station today. driving a black rx-7 with tinted windows and no less than 3 "Tapout" decals on the back. Wearing an affliction shirt 2 times too small, to show off his wicked sweet tribals, partly covered by shitty new "traditional" sleeves with daggers and hearts and skulls. gauged ears, way too many other ear piercings. hair like a gotti son.

hahaha, ive see this too many times..

you should post more..

Shit looks ridiculous now, fuck 30.

Speaking of all this shit, I went to a party at an ex girlfriend's house tonight and it was like these kids were trying to make me hate them.

Dance party to journey on vinyl wearing fugazi beanies, mastodon shirts and extra small hoodies with studs?

Get the fuck out of here.

Thats what the gangsters wear there? Thats funny because thats what the guys who look like girls wear where I'm at.

It's what the guys who look like girls everywhere look like. Politicians are seriously retarded.

I got kicked out of a couple bars in texas for having my fitted on backwards. They said only gangsters wear their hats backwards. I can't say that I've ever even seen a gangster wear his hat backwards. There's seriously alot of retards in this world.

they're just gonna ban everything untill all is left is gangster clothing

then everyone everywhere will be at risk of getting shot

That's like most schools dress codes. They were put in place to curb kids "dressing like gangsters", so they made the dress codes where everybody wears kahkis and the same color shirt. LMAO!!! :lol: