MEMORY....

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I was driving today and all of a sudden i recalled a conversation i had with my dad.

It was about death and i estimate that it took place at least 15 years ago (when i was 7 or something).

It was a memory that i cant recall to be recalled in the past.

A completely 'new' memory.

I tripped over it for some while thinking mostly two questions.

1) How does memory work, do things get erased or not?

Which is the factor that makes particular data popup?

is there any factor or its just random?

(thats already more than 2 questions)

and 2). How can a memory be new???

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

err, i have more to say. i believe in evolution to a certian point. but i don't think we are so highly advanced(relatively) by accident.i also wonder if there are senses out there we don't even know about. who says there are five, what if we don't have receptors or something. like if no one ever communicated to people who can't hear, how would they ever know things made sounds.

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

i always wonder how we remember things. like how does our brain remember smells, tastes and sounds. and think about how you learn anything, your brain has to like convert it.

It all has to do with nerve impulses and the different lobes of your brain. I could go into more detail if you want...

Originally posted by Fox Mulder

i also wonder if there are senses out there we don't even know about. who says there are five, what if we don't have receptors or something.

there are other senses out there.

(some/all?)sharks, for instance, have receptors to receive electrosomethingorother that animals produce. they use it to dig up fish that hide just beneath the surface of the sand.

as far as memory and such, i believe it works in conjuction w/ a lot of other shit. such as smell and sound and stuff like that. i read(while researching) that music is being used to help alziehmers(sp) patients remember things, because while the brain is processing the music its hearing, it triggers something that triggers something that releases such hormone and so on, ending w/ the person remembering parts of their life.

as you can see, i suck at stuff, such as remembering technical words. but my point has been made. shittily.

Archived