Eastern Promises

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
it doesn't feel like a date if you go on a date with someone you live with....maybe we could do some role play.

have him wear one of those groucho marx glasses/nose/mustache things. you won't even recognize him.

or, go the clark kent/superman route. just change the hair a little bit, put on/take off glasses (depending on if you normally wear them), and make sure to wear spandex under your clothing so you can change in a phone booth in .0002 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
It was a good date movie because Viggo is ther e for the girl, Naomi Fucking Watts is there for the dude, and there's a maternal type story line in there for the girl, too. Also, some blood and violence for the dude.

yeah, females will probably like it because of the maternal part of it and they get to see viggos bacon in the bath house scene.. :yuck:

i seen this movie last night, my cuzz picked up the bootleg. it was worth a watch in the theatres though. i will probably go see again it this weekend. it's not epic like scarface or godfather but still a really good gangster tale.

This movie was awesome. Read a review that said the bathhouse scene does for fight scenes what the car chase scene in "The French Connection" did for chase scenes. Seeing as how I just watched "The French Connection", I have to say that critic was right. The chase scene in "The French Connection" totally blew me the fuck away, so did the fight scene in the bathhouse in "Eastern Promises".

This is Cronenberg at his modern best. I still hope and pray he will go back to sci-fi/horror, but this shit he is on now is top notch. The ending seemed a little quick, but if you think about it, it completely works, because the last scene is cold and lonely, just like Mortensen's future prospects. It's also probably the ONLY Cronenberg film that would actually logically warrant a sequel, though it will never, ever happen.

Yeah, Yuma looks good. Maybe I'll check it this weekend.

And KOH, why fuck the Godfather? That's a really good movie. Maybe not crazy deep, but a good story, especially considering the time it came out.

I've read the book many times, and while it's definitely not deserving of a Pulitzer, it doesn't quite necessarily belong on the book rack at the drugstore. And a great movie, too. You can't hate, man. Puzo tells a good yarn, for sure.