wasp/bee removal

alure

Okay, so we have a large nest in the backyard under the deck. My stepdad has migranes practically every day and is pretty useless so my mom cant rely on him. She's trying to remove it herself, which i told her no way cause she's allergic. Which means I probally am too, plus im pregnant. But we gotta get this shit removed before the party this weekend.

So has anyone ever removed it themselves?? Or did you call in a professional.. how much did it cost?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

live_natwasp_trap.jpg

Aerial nests

Place a cloth bag over the entire nest and quickly tie it off at the top; as you draw in the tie, pull the nest free. The bag should be well sealed. Set the bag in a pail of water; drop a rock on the bag to keep it fully submerged.

Ground nests

If the entrance to the nest is easy to see, it can be blocked using a large, clear bowl. Use caution as there may be more than one entrance to underground nests. Set the bowl over the nest entrance and work it into the ground a bit so there are no exit routes for the wasps. This will confuse the wasps, but they won't try to dig a new entrance. The bowl should remain in place for several weeks.

Underground or inside wall nests

Nests in wall voids or underground are more difficult to remove, and should be left to the professional. (If you detect a wasp nest in the wall, do not try to eradicate it from the outside. This will force them further into the house.)

When hiring a professional to treat wasp problems in the home, ask what methods will be used. A non-toxic alternative to insect sprays and dusts is vacuuming. Some prefessional exterminators are equipped with specially adapted vacuum cleaners to draw out the wasps, which are then sold to pharmaceutical companies who extract the venom for immunotherapy.

Never try to burn an active wasp nest or flood a nest with water, as this will likely make the wasps angry and aggressive.

wait until it gets dark, and the wasps are sleeping... then go up to their nest with a big bag and place it around the nest and whatever it is attached to that is movable.... then put the wasps in the freezer for a little while... usually less then a couple minutes... and they will get all sluggish... then take the bag full of wasps and nest and place it somewhere else... use string or some shit to attach it to a tree if it is on a branch already... though it sounds like the nests are on your porch.... so I would just place it in the neighboors bushes....

wait until it gets dark, and the wasps are sleeping... then go up to their nest with a big bag and place it around the nest and whatever it is attached to that is movable.... then put the wasps in the freezer for a little while... usually less then a couple minutes... and they will get all sluggish... then take the bag full of wasps and nest and place it somewhere else... use string or some shit to attach it to a tree if it is on a branch already... though it sounds like the nests are on your porch.... so I would just place it in the neighboors bushes....

yeah that sounds like the best bet so far.. now i just gotta find someone to do it.. DOG CHAPMAN! :D

I always heard that soapy water will get rid of them. It doesn't really make sense to me though.

well.. from just reading that site it says put soapy water in the bottle, makes it harder for them to tread the water.. so they end up drowning. but i dont know how else soapy water would be beneficial

Growing up I used to just hose down the nest on full blast ... Stomp any that hit the ground. Then throw rocks at the nest till it falls (if the hose didnt knock it down) then stomp the nest too.

Looking back I think I'm lucky I never got stung. I think I would sub the hose out for some insect spray and approach it in a similar fashion. Shit was fun when I was a kid.

Get a big coffee can and fill it with gas or diesel and throw it on them and run like hell.

Gas or diesel will kill them almost instantly, I say run like hell just in case you miss any.

If its in the air id use Chem-tool, Carb cleaner, or B12 all of these will kill tham fast and have a good spray range.

Most of the spray wasp killers arnt worth shit and you will get stung, they take way to long to kill them but anything ive listed above should kill them almost instantly and it will kill the larva too

I had a beast of a wasp nest under my deck last summer. I used one of those bug-bomb thingies, where you just pop the top on the aerosol can and it sprays out constantly until it runs dry. Did that at night, and while there were still a few around the next day, the majority of them were gone. The next night I just knocked the nest off and threw it in a bag out in the back alley. By morning the remaining ones had pissed off, and then I sealed the nest with a shit ton of varathane, and stuck it back up under the deck,

I heard somewhere that wasps won't build anywhere around another nest, and I haven't had any problems since..

Who knows.

get some raid wasp killer. shit works. i had some wasps trying to set up in a hole behind the heater in my living room and i just sprayed that shit in there and never saw any again.

another cool thing was that you could give a stray one a blast while in mid air and a few seconds later it would just drop out of the sky. boom, straight to the nervous system!