Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr. Niceguy

Whats wrong with painting tankers ?

I was wondering why nikkas dont like to paint tankers . I have a chill spot that pulls in tankers and hoppers all day long and all I ever see is streaks and tags on there. So whats the word ?

Take it from Humpty and "Do watcha like..."

And that is the best reply you are going to get.

yo ill see the occasional tag or streak on them but whats the point. they are round and hard to paint. come up with original shit on them and it might be cool but im not into them. go for yours though man!

i will paint any kind of train i can get next to safely. im particularly fond of shit all the freight nobs shun. like tanks, gondolas, those cars with the big ass ridgs, whatever. tanks are hard to paint unless you are really tall or an acrobat, but ive done about a dozen of them. denz rocked them hard at one point. and they are usually in super chill ass spots.

Tanks are sweet as long as you know how to use the contures to our advantage. I have seen some badass shit on the local ones heading to the Navy Bases

i think the only reason is that it is harder to paint on then a regular autorack.

but i think you they are fine to bust some tags on and some outlines.

Hoppers are fine in my opinion bombs or pieces or throwies w/e.

how are they hard to paint?

theres a fucking bar that goes right alongside of it that you can stand on.

tankers are beginning to be my favorite because they are usually clean and untouched. who gives a fuck what shape they are

people dont seem to want to paint anyting but boxes and reefers these days

hoppers and tankers and gons ride the same rails and go around longer than most boxes and shit, its all preference, paint what you want, people are just stingy

but then again, some tankers have nasty ass shit leaking from the top and doesnt look very healthy to be standing near

imo, easily buffed.

they sit for long periods of time

don travel much

same goes for grainers...

grainers get more travel than any other car

but then again, some tankers have nasty ass shit leaking from the top and doesnt look very healthy to be standing near

This is true, say you paint something while standing on the bar (which is flimsy) and or the little ridge that runs along the middle of tank. Your shit will be buffed the next time the tank is filled by nasty ass black shit which overspills on to the tank.

they also sit in the back of businesses waiting to be filled, which is one of the reasons why they are so easy to hit

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now