Memphis, TN

ClueTwo

Is anyone from Memphis on this site?

I'm going to be there for work from Tuesday 09/18 to Friday 09/21 and I'm not quite sure how much time I'll have, but I'd like to see some recommendations for places to see or visit.

Shit, if anyone wants to have a drink, it's on me too!! I will be there on business, but I'm assuming there will be some down time and I'd like to do something other than watch movies and drink by myself in the hotel bar..

Holler if ya heard meh!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm on the other side of the state, otherwise, i'd be down to drink your money away.

haha. not much i can recommend, as i haven't been there in quite some time.

i can tell you to be careful of memphis. it's a dangerous city.

go see graceland if you can. eat the barbeque (that city has good barbeque), not much else i know about.

Dangerous city?? I'm not too worried as I'm from a high crime rate city, but what exactly do you mean?

the black folks don't like white folks at all.

pretty high crime rate.

from a message board about the high crime rate in memphis

"Frayser, Nut Bush, Orange Mound, Whitehaven ( Yes Elvis's old neighborhood), East Memphis, South Memphis, North Memphis.....Bartlet is on the way......The best place is Downtown"

When i was traveling i stopped in Memphis and i had a sweet time...

Im from the other side of the world.. I didnt find it that dangerous at all!

Its more of a ghost town than anything!... but yeah might as well check out Elvis's house.

And write ya name on his front wall!

Eat BBQ and Hang on Beal street!

Im from Memphis. we should hang!

the bullshit comment about blacks not liking whites???!!!!!

where do you get your facts? last year there was one white on black violent crime and it was a white dude that beat a black guy to death. we are on the most dangerous list often, but that remains in bad neighborhoods, just like most cities. South Memphis, North Memphis, Orange Mound, Hickory Hill, Binghampton. that's about it. East Memphis is home to some of the most expensive houses in city limits. bartlett is a super nice suburb and was no. 95 on cnn's Best Places to Live (http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/moneymag/0707/gallery.BPTL_top_100.moneymag/95.html).

anyway, i'll send you a PM with my number if you want to hang sometime. i love meeting new people!

Im from Memphis. we should hang!

the bullshit comment about blacks not liking whites???!!!!!

where do you get your facts? last year there was one white on black violent crime and it was a white dude that beat a black guy to death. we are on the most dangerous list often, but that remains in bad neighborhoods, just like most cities. South Memphis, North Memphis, Orange Mound, Hickory Hill, Binghampton. that's about it. East Memphis is home to some of the most expensive houses in city limits. bartlett is a super nice suburb and was no. 95 on cnn's Best Places to Live (http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/moneymag/0707/gallery.BPTL_top_100.moneymag/95.html).

anyway, i'll send you a PM with my number if you want to hang sometime. i love meeting new people!

just what i used to hear. as i said earlier, i haven't been there in a long time.

it was pretty fucked up when i was there, though.

Blacks dont like white people in Memphis?

You must have got robbed or something... Thats pretty fucking ignorant right5 there.

We went to Platinum Rose and got VIP and all our shit handled, and we were the only "white people" in the shake junt, well white guys anyways

clue, i stopped by there for 1 night on my way down to new orleans, here's my assesment:

-beale is worth a walk down, but other than that, it's pure tourist stuff

-there was some blues fest on 2nd, that was kind of lame, and I went to some snazzy sushi joint that took way too long, but the bartender was cool and every chick in there was banging.

-i went to a couple bars on Cooper and something... they were ok, kind of hip for me, though

-it looks like there was a good deal of ballsy stuff done at 1 point in memphis history

that's all i've got.... I prolly shoulda checked out a Redbirds game. I stayed at the king Hotel off Union... kinda grimey, but did the trick.

clue, i stopped by there for 1 night on my way down to new orleans, here's my assesment:

-beale is worth a walk down, but other than that, it's pure tourist stuff

-there was some blues fest on 2nd, that was kind of lame, and I went to some snazzy sushi joint that took way too long, but the bartender was cool and every chick in there was banging.

-i went to a couple bars on Cooper and something... they were ok, kind of hip for me, though

-it looks like there was a good deal of ballsy stuff done at 1 point in memphis history

that's all i've got.... I prolly shoulda checked out a Redbirds game. I stayed at the king Hotel off Union... kinda grimey, but did the trick.

You were at Cooper-Young. It's the kinda hip & mostly gay part of Midtown. Beale street is all touristy during the day, but at night it's a few thousand people hanging out and alcohol vendors set up shop in the streets selling drinks. If getting ridiculously drunk and banging some random hot chick on X is your thing, then check out Beale on Fri, Sat, or Sun nights. Redbirds games are fun when I'm bored to death, but I don't really care for baseball that much. There are a ton of awesome bars, clubs, venues, parks, museums, etc. in all parts of town.

speaking of "white boy" getting it done in the "hood"...............most of the 'hoods in Memphis have a fair amount of white people in them. i guess that's why i never understood why people always think black people when they talk about the ghetto. the 'hoods here are just poor people in general; black, white, mexican, asian, whatever.

Aww sheet mang. We gots mad homeboys in Memphis willin to show some love

. PM for details...PS if you come through nashville I'm up fer the stuff. place to stay possible...

Best thing to do in memphis is to drive around and break into abandoned buildings, and get fucked up in the middle of the street in the projects with like 20 motherfuckers. If you do graffiti you'd be surprised how nice people that you might think are bad can be. I did that for a year straight in memphis and it was one of the best times of my life.

• 2 weeks later...