Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top 5 Latest Graf Trends

Originally posted by Unregistered

1 - Changing over to the Reas/AOK style and A) proclaiming a "return to graffiti's basic roots" B) painting pieces on freights with this style or C) posting pictures of these pieces on this message board.

OH I HATE THIS. I love the "AOK style" or whatever you want to call it, but I AM SO MOTHERFUCKING TIRED OF SEEING REAS CLONES. Most people fuck it up. They go through the motions and do loose pieces without having the underlying feel down. So much shit done in this style now just looks hollow and lifeless- which is totally the opposite of what people like about REAS, GHOST, or whoever.

It's funny, by the way, 10-12 years ago, in a lot of circles you had to be pretty progressive to even like that style.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by INDEPENDENZA

Yo man, you should try to be a little more open-minded, i know graffiti is supposed to be wilstyle burners, but its not ONLY about that...

are you kidding me?

i tried to make my sarcasm apparent, obviously i failed...

we need a :sarcastic: smiley

anyways...

i was quoting you

you are the one who said:

-conceptual shit

was trendy...

Guest INDEPENDENZA

i was sarcastic towards your sarcasm, it was fourth degree sarcasm,

i know it wasnt funny at all

conceptual stuff is the best but some artfags are fake and just want to be noticed as different and expect people to say "hes on some next ish"

could someone explain to me what "reas's style" is? im pretty sure ive seen him do lots of different ones ?

anyhow.

5. bubble letter-bar piece hybrids.

4. the hugest roller fillin ever.

3. white guys that do cholo shit. (anyone not mexican for that matter)

2. full color/wildstyle bombing (whats that say??)

1. crystal balls/castles/lightning/etc. (dungeons and dragons was never tough, dude.)

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i was sarcastic towards your sarcasm, it was fourth degree sarcasm,

i know it wasnt funny at all

conceptual stuff is the best but some artfags are fake and just want to be noticed as different and expect people to say "hes on some next ish"

sarcasm multiplies expotentialy to the umpteenth degree

hahahah

agreed

big ups for taking my replies with a grain of salt

And yeah I did retire from writing...like I said, I am so good at Photoshop now you all woud trip...and I am good at the boards too.

A few more for ya..

1. People who try and piece, do "wildstyle" wanna be styles and then they sign their tag and it is really really awful.I feel sorry for these folks.

2. The try to look like you are from LA style when you live in the boondocks and have no clue how, or why this style came about.

3.Getting art shows when you never did a godamn thing on the streets.

4.Train writers who are up on trains, yet never did any local damage.

5. Crews that have so many members that half of them have never met each other.

6. Cleansheets being an internet thug and talking mad shit about everything just because it is the new thing.

7. When people say you have fallen off because you are not getting play in the mags, or the web......this is a seriously funny one...

What's even worse is when someone tells you that you are responsible for starting a trend....dayyumm.

And yeah I did retire from writing...like I said, I am so good at Photoshop now you all woud trip...and I am good at the boards too.

Adding to my own list, here's numbers 10 - 6 (still considering "glass etching" as a trend in its own world, seperate from this list):

10 - Doing NYC style fill-ins in a place other than NYC.

9 - Doing graf with fire extinguishers.

8 - Citing 95 - 99 as the "glory days" of recent times and complaining that A) LA B) SF C) NJ D) Miami or E) any other city has since fallen off.

7 - Visiting New York City for the first time and only going to lower or mid-town Manhattan.

6 - Multi-state, similar style freight crews with a name that represents this.

Guest Comp Shoes

I must first concur with:

-EMOROCKER FIXED GEAR RIDING, MESSANGER BAG DONING writters

-THE WHOLE DEATH METAL THEMES AND IMAGERY

Heres a few new ones:

-PAINTING WHILE DUSTED

-NORTH FACE GEAR

-HAVING A 12OZ PROPHET SCREEN NAME THAT HAS TO DO WITH FREIGHT TRAINS.

here my top five

people complain too much and worry about shit that doesnt matter...... if u want something to stay chill dont tell anyone about it, dont send flicks to mags dont send flicks to websites dont post how to do this and that on this website........ blah blah blah

Guest mothrasmomma

it all boils down to who your writing for and why...if you do for self and are on the 'fuck the rest' tip, then there really aint no fad...no new gimmicks, just shit to expand on...if your into writing and risking your ass to impress some prick who thinks he's ddown, then it soundds like you got more problems than just using fads and gimmicks....

Guest Can you sign my book???

Definitely a few points on here that got me slappin my knee...

ONE-Why is it that 90% of flics I see on the net in NYC are on CANAL ST???

Ah I could go on forever...But f' it im guilty of half this shit, but I know I dont take my self seriously, god forbid...

Originally posted by mothrasmomma

it all boils down to who your writing for and why...if you do for self and are on the 'fuck the rest' tip, then there really aint no fad...no new gimmicks, just shit to expand on...

Agreed, but somehow I think the devoted followers of the trends mentioned are pretty aware of the moves they make. This thread was just for fun anyway, I have no hard feelings for even the super-trendy ... just thought it was a fun topic.

In Europe

The trends are:

-reeeaaal hardcore spots

-painting subways in endstations (backjumps)

-subwaycars who are almost impossible to paint, to paint them

-videotaping your own action

-doing extremely abstract pieces

-inter railing

-doing pieces a fast as possible (3min. fullcolor pieces on trains/subways)

-2/3 guys doing 1 piece (sometimes we have to, because it has to go as fast as possible)

I don't know how many of u people saw dirty handz 1 & 2 or other European movies (mission impossible, consequence, rolling steel,...) but they sure had a lot of influence on writers in Europe.

If you wan't to see some old footage ('97) of writers in Belgium doing backjumps and tagging, go to www.graffiti.org/midniterun (in quiktime)

Peace!