hard to find boooks

Whitney Houston

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_1322.jpg

I love this book, had it in my hands when it came out in 1997 but... i didn't buy it (!)....one of the biggest mistakes i ever made. (i'm still pissed off by it)

[EDIT}

Zed, could you scan a couple of more pages from this book.........?:)

cmon EUROPE post, I know you got some gemsss!!!!! haha

How do you know me and what I got??

Anyways, I havent got this but it looks very dope:

035e_1.JPG

Original book to accompany the Rapid Enamel exhibition in Chicago in 1984 (October 7th to November 10th). This was one of the first exhibitions to showcase graffiti in a gallery environment. Artists at the show included A-One, Blade, Daze, Duster, Futura 2000, Koor, Lady Pink, Phase 2, Quik, Lee Qiunones, Rammellzee, Kenny Scharf, Toxic, United Graffiti Artists an photographs by Henry Chalfant. This is an important publication in the early history of Graffiti.

i just purchased watching my name go by its already on its way here.

i heard its the euro version of the faith of graffiti, with a couple extra flicks

may I ask a link or website where you ordered it?? I'm not having any luck...

I did get the german NEW YORK which I didn't even know I was in lol....

slowly the collection will build lol...

Only found this a single time:

Coming from the subway

come.jpg

This book mainly features works executed on canvas for art galleries during the early 1980s when aerosol art was experiencing a warm reception from the main stream art world. It is the most comprehensive collection of its kind. It features paintings by A-ONE, BIL BLAST, BLADE ONE, CRASH, DAZE, DONDI, FUTURA 2000, Keith Haring, LA2, KOOR, NOC 167, PHASE2, PINK, QUIK RTW, LEE QUINONES, RAMMELLZEE, SEEN UA, TOXIC, ZEPHYR. Features 300 pages of color photographs. (The text is not in english.)

okay so im in an intro psych class where i have to write a bullshit paper. i'm probably going to write about graff'n'dance and how we're screaming for attention because we have neglecting parents etc etc.

on that note, does anyone know of any empirical research (journal articles etc.) about graffiti? i guess i could google scholar, but i was wondering if you guys knew anything....

thanks a lot^-

so i have access to all these academic databases that have a shitload of academic journals etc. theres a wealth of literature on graffiti, and i think a lot of people on here don't have access.

if people are interested, ill figure out a way to upload all these pdfs and put them on zshare or some shit.

again, its only if people are interested. i dont want to bust my ass for no reason.

may I ask a link or website where you ordered it?? I'm not having any luck...

I did get the german NEW YORK which I didn't even know I was in lol....

slowly the collection will build lol...

its easy to find if you bring the wallet... if you want it for the collection fine but otherwise its just the euro version of Faith Of Graffiti. same book

and a copy of the Fresh Hip Hop book just sold on ebay for 75.00...

thanks for the scan 1 on 1, but i meant on the pdf??

is pdf the same program amazon uses to look inside books??

ive never heard of people purchasing just the pdf and not the actual book :confused2:

"

PDF

PDF files are created mainly using Adobe Acrobat, but Acrobat Capture and other Adobe products also support their creation, as do third-party products such as PDFCreator, OpenOffice. PDF files typically contain product manuals, brochures, magazine articles, or flyers as they can embed fonts, images, and other documents. But since they are designed to reproduce page images, and the text cannot be re-flowed to fit the screen width, PDF files designed for printing on standard paper sizes are hard to view on screens with limited size or resolution. Adobe has addressed the issue of people viewing PDF files on smaller screens as are found on PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants).

"

93 til is the#2 bates you have the original book or a scanned? very interested to finish the set.[/Quote]

sup,

yeah. it's scanned. i'm very interested in that HIP HOP book by Steven Hager too. hoping we can work things out and share with one another.

let me know whats up.

thanks for the scan 1 on 1, but i meant on the pdf??

is pdf the same program amazon uses to look inside books??

ive never heard of people purchasing just the pdf and not the actual book :confused2:

"

PDF

PDF files are created mainly using Adobe Acrobat, but Acrobat Capture and other Adobe products also support their creation, as do third-party products such as PDFCreator, OpenOffice. PDF files typically contain product manuals, brochures, magazine articles, or flyers as they can embed fonts, images, and other documents. But since they are designed to reproduce page images, and the text cannot be re-flowed to fit the screen width, PDF files designed for printing on standard paper sizes are hard to view on screens with limited size or resolution. Adobe has addressed the issue of people viewing PDF files on smaller screens as are found on PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants).

"

93 til is the#2 bates you have the original book or a scanned? very interested to finish the set.[/Quote]

sup,

yeah. it's scanned. i'm very interested in that HIP HOP book by Steven Hager too. hoping we can work things out and share with one another.

let me know whats up.