Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pfffffffffft

jury duty

I got jury duty once. With my shaved head, Docs, 501s, and flight jacket (this was in 1996) I was the first one excused, no questions asked, by the defense attorney. And I'm not even a skinhead.

Then why the fuck were you dressed like one?

Oh.. I get it... just for the theatrics and to brag about it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@88: It's fuckin' different over here mate, we as employers can get full reimbursement for the hours paid to those on 'jury duty'. Still considered a civil responsibility, but can always be differed. Blah blah, we ain't in the states. etc. etc.

Then why the fuck were you dressed like one?
I felt obligated to play by the rules, but didn't want to serve. And it worked.

Sums up what I was thinking.

Did Napoleon give any reaction when you said that??

Dude didn't even flinch, he knows that he will never see the inside of a prison cell. He will spend the rest of his life in some State mental hospital. Going to group therapy, taking good drugs, and living off tax dollars. Those creepers work the system to convince the doc's that they are "sick" and need help. Because they know as soon as the doc's pronounce them sane, their prison sentences start. Even then they are in PC (protective custody) 24/7, so the other inmates can't dispose of them.

A .22 to the base of the skull would be so much cheaper.

gotta go in and tell em i hate the police on tuesday

unless i get a civil case then it won't work :(

luckily i have been involved in teh litigationz

Got called for it once ended up unlucky enough to get picked and shit lasted 2 days all because some bitch bit some people at a Christmas party and got drunk as fuck. Shit pay but my job paid me the day so it wasnt that bad just boring as fuck and downtown restaurant food.

I served once, after that I reflected on the easiest way out and it occurred to me that the jury summons is not sent certified mail and is hence not a enforceable legal document unless recognized with a response. Got summoned a couple years back, tossed it in the trash and never heard again.

That said I do believe it is a good thing to do, with most educated people finding a way out of their civic duty it allows the jury pool to fill up with simpletons and ne'err-do-wells.

If you get comped by your employer it makes a big difference in how enjoyable the whole thing is.

The "no comp" policy by my then-employer had a lot to do with my choice to get out of jury duty.

I think it would be a great benefit to our society if they required compensation for jury duty and fined people if they did not vote.

• Like 1

So Wednesday thru Monday you love cops?

fuck no

i have jury duty on tuesday

hence i will be telling them on tuesday i don't trust the testimony of an officer

it's one of the few things that can get a person out of jd in my crime-addled city.. for example, you have to have been not only convicted of a crime, but also have spent at least 6 months in jail in order to be excused bc you're a criminal.

I think it would be a great benefit to our society if they required compensation for jury duty and fined people if they did not vote.

Add a mandatory two year civics/government couse in high school and I'd be okay with that. If people don't know why they're being induced to do things, they will act like me and do whatever they can to get out of it.

I had a long-winded response typed out to mortons post, but you summed most of it up nicely. except: Not everyone should vote, there is fewer thing more destructive than an uneducated electorate.

/nocrossfireoner

You mean like the one we currently have? I couldn't agree more.