jury duty

Pfffffffffft

this is the first time ive had it..

i always thought it would be intersting to sit in and be the one asshole who sways a ruling

but its at 8am, and im not for that.

i really dont want to go...

is there ways of getting out of it besides saying..

"Im a satanic nigger hatin, queer basher"

who else has been called for it and got out of it?

May you be eternally cursed with jury duty until I get my package in the mail.......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come to think of it...i never got a package either

do we need to make an official pffffft never sent us a package thread.... for our complaints and to out him and his lack of package sendingness to the rest of 12oz... or do we just go out to north cackalackeee and stick a funnel in his butt then shove handfulls of fire ants in the funnel.....

• 3 years later...

i never remember posting things in old threads, but 4 years later and i finally get called for jury duty.

i'd still rather go, then not. i get paid leave from my employer and paid from the court.

it beats sitting in my office at work and watching people complain about their lives on facebook, 12oz, tumblr, twitter, etc...

you can tell them you've or your immediate family has been a victim of a crime, a perpetrator of a crime, or that you've worked in a DNA lab

i know all that stuff will get you out of it

i finally got called after a decade and a half of never getting a notice

i'll probably just do it.

in my nikes.

my city is too violent so this doesn't work anymore

i was getting questioned about being on the jury for a drug trial, told em 'i don't believe anything the police say' and that got me out of it

i kinda want to get called for a federal jury. we get some illy ass criminals down there.

i noticed someone up above (in 2007) thinkin they were super cool and throwing the jury duty notices away. the judge sent 3 bench warrants in last time i got called.. so for some people, it'll be super fun when they get pulled over for speeding, and end up arrested for not doing jury doodie

i ended up getting chosen for fed jury duty and i just got high and slept in court every day. late every day, told them i was parking in a garage even though it was for my work then told my work i had jury duty all day even though it was half days so i parked for free and got off work and was paid for both. i actually liked the case because i got to see how an educated thug avoids doing time. remember kids possession is 9/10ths of the law!

if you actually wanna get out of jury duty i'd fall asleep while there picking you out and just act super hard of hearing and say what? a lot and generally don't listen to them and make the lawyers pissed at how awful of a person you are. that straight up works.

every single jury duty notice i get goes right to the garbage.

THIS.

Unless they sent a process server/constable to your door and they physically served you a jury duty notice in person, they can NEVER prove you received the notice in the mail.

Why make an effort if they won't?

^they can still issue a bench warrant and have you arrested

it may not be a conviction, but i'd rather not spend the night in jail over jury duty

yes, it happens.

fuggit though, i dpn't mind if you toss em

Stop bringing in facts to the thread and let them be hardcore and see what happens. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, you do not want Federal Jury Duty. I work near a federal court house and see those people all the time. Most of the cases they get are tax cheats and retarded shit that is boring. Most of it is federal, because it happened on federal property.

one time i was in court and one of the guys having his case heard was a redneck kinda guy. his lawyer said something like "the defendent had a small knife" and the judge said to the redneck "can you show me about how big it was" so the redneck guy gets up and spreads his arms and goes "ITS ABOUT THIS BIG, MORE OF A SWORD THAN A KNIFE REALLY" his lawyer double face palmed and the guy sits down smiling.

If you don't vote you don't get called up for jury duty. Good stuff.

That's win-win right there.

I went years ago, where they just keep you in a room all day with like 200 other middle-aged people who were mostly professionals. They had coffee and TV, but they just kept it on CNN repeating all day. Shit sucks,. At least put on a movie or spongebob, anything remotely entertaining at least. And getting paid $5 a day? That's just insulting.