being seen while bombing?

Sick_Boy

found this while reading another thread

AN off-duty West Australian policeman has been beaten up, suffering a suspected broken nose, when he tried to stop a graffiti vandal in central Perth.

It was one of several assaults on police officers in Perth and Kalgoorlie over the weekend.

Just after midnight (WST) today, an off-duty officer saw a man spraying graffiti on a pole in Hay Street and advised him to stop.

But the vandal lashed out and became even more aggressive when the officer identified himself as a policeman, a police spokeswoman said.

She said three other men joined in the assault and pushed the off-duty officer's girlfriend around.

The officer, who suffered extensive bruising and a possible broken nose, would be off work for some time, the spokeswoman said.

Police have yet to make any arrests and are seeking witnesses to the incident.

Moral of the story, clearly mind your own business!

• 4 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

remember going in on a spot next to a busy highway. i didn't really care if a was being seen, just because the motorist would of been real stupid to watch me and not the road. I guess i must of not been aware of the time because after a while a "super hero" motorist slowed down and pulled right ahead of the spot i was hitting. i remember seeing him turning around several times and stare at me through his rear window. i could see the light from his cell phone as he put it up to his face to, in my opinion, call the pigs. i figured i had about 2 minutes before the lights of squad cars were coming down the highway. so i continue to finish up the hit. just as i was putting up the crew, lights were coming down the highway. got out of there with the hit, paint, and a bad case of poisen ivy....

found this while reading another thread

AN off-duty West Australian policeman has been beaten up, suffering a suspected broken nose, when he tried to stop a graffiti vandal in central Perth.

It was one of several assaults on police officers in Perth and Kalgoorlie over the weekend.

Just after midnight (WST) today, an off-duty officer saw a man spraying graffiti on a pole in Hay Street and advised him to stop.

But the vandal lashed out and became even more aggressive when the officer identified himself as a policeman, a police spokeswoman said.

She said three other men joined in the assault and pushed the off-duty officer's girlfriend around.

The officer, who suffered extensive bruising and a possible broken nose, would be off work for some time, the spokeswoman said.

Police have yet to make any arrests and are seeking witnesses to the incident.

Moral of the story, clearly mind your own business!

this does my heart good to read. fuck the police, just let us do our thing.

sorry for bumping an old thread but as im sure its been said, most people just dont care unless its affecting them. one time i had some lady yell out to me to becareful on the street i was on because a lot of cops pass by the street. i was dumbfounded.

did you at least say thanks?

oh and you toys don't have to worry about getting caught if you just bomb in a black onesie. that's what the champs do. someone mentioned that early...

FOR YOUR HEALTH!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If I was good enough to paint in high-traffic areas, I don't think I would be worried about anyone other than cops seeing me because if it's REALLY a good spot, then you're probably going to be seen anyways.

If it's a big worry to you, you could always stake out a spot for a half hour or so before you paint... I don't see what the problem would be with that?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

man it depends some people are crazy... i was hittin up a rooftop and i had on a mime mask.. little kid looks up and goes "hey mommy look its a mime".. mom was like it is a mime dad was like is that a guy up there?... fucking pulled out her phone so i finished up, and jumped off... another time i was also puttin up stickers for shits and giggs and didnt see this guy.. he chased me down the street in gym pants... just do it fast & get out try and have a look out and scope out the spot before hand for cameras..and etc... dont wear bright clothes. even if they do call the cops you should be gone by the time they arrive. ive herd storys of people being chased by heroes.. one time a writer got chased by some guy in a car had to run into the woods... just depends. oh and another time i was doing a throwie in this alley way behind a mexican food place nd the dude came out i guess he was smoking and i was in a hoody and bandanna.. as i finished he was like.. a few feet away and he just said "you come back here and do this at night?"... i was like yeah and took off.. caught me completely off guard he watching me the whole time i guess..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

my philosophy is that if you act legit are you are legit... anytime i've been seen, if i dont acknowledge the fact that I see someone there, usually they just walk on by, if I acknowledge the person seein me, it usually turns into something happening and me getting out of there. stay safe and stay aware of your surroundings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i was hitting this wall in the street one night and turn my head for a second and see this woman walking past, she was watching me but as soon as i saw her she spun her head round to stare at the building beside her, like i was going to jump her. some people are scared shitless by writers...

I Was bombing with my crew one time in some tunnels and we were suuppppeeeerrrr far in so if someone was standing at the end they literally looked like they were an inch tall. While we were starting we were mixing cans and what not someone walked to the end of the tunnel and yelled "HEY!" we all almost shit our pants. Then we hear "ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING?"... turns out it was some stoner trying to get some free tokes. We all thought it was some rent a city worker trying to like lock us up or charge us XD. Fun times. Fun times. I have gotten to learn though.. the only people you really need to look out for are the city workers and the cops. Practically everyoone else thinks that the urban art is cool. I like to keep a good rep on my alter ego.. i do this by like not putting "bad" words in my art or anything. This has made the city want to kind of keep our work around.

I was doing a picture of DICKCHICKEN, a chicken with a dick for a head. n a man and his 12(-) daughter came over, and I turned around in the middle of laughing. I was like OH SHIT! I'M SO SORRY FOR WRITTING THIS IN FRONT OF YOUR DAUGHTER. The dude is like, oh no, its cool, we've just never seen anyone spray paint before. O_o KEEP IT UP!

• 3 months later...

i try not to be seen, because cats like to snitch out here. but usually as long as its not cops and shit then you're straight. you can usually tell if a civilian is gonna become a snitch. just by their behavior after seeing you. just dip out after your done and hit another area while shit cools down..

fools trip too much on being spotted though. you are gonna get spotted eventually, especially if you do street spots or highway spots. i'd say like 8 out of 10 times people won't say shit and keep it moving.

• 1 month later...

Any time I've been seen people just walk past. At 3am people really can't be bothered trying to tell some guy to stop spraying paint. You get the odd comment, but it's usually in good taste. My area is alright for it. I suppose people are probably just appreciative to see graffiti that isn't gang related though.

• 1 month later...

Man, I was in an alleyway one night painting around 1A.M. and this group of teenagers saw me, and you know, normal paranoia set it so I jumped a bit and looked at them, then they started running away, and ever since then, I realized when most of the stereotypical society sees someone with a mask on spraying paint at a wall, they're going to be naturally scared. I just figure as long as I stay out of sight as much as possible, and don't act like an idiot when seen, it'll probably be alright. Best to stay on your toes though.