This is why all of you can't sit still.

CILONE/SK

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070904/hl_nm/attention_television_dc_1

This is why I do not have Cable hooked up in my house. I have two kids and when they do not get all the BS thrown at them, it makes it so much easier to bring them to stores and places to eat.

How much TV do all of you watch and if you have kids, how much do you let them watch?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"One was that the rapid scene changes common to many TV programs may overstimulate the developing brain of a young child, and could make reality seem boring by comparison."

i highly doubt its long term damage to the part of the brain which is responsible for attention. this is something i actually made a post about back here http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119962 its the fact that television in general gives people a felling of being "high" in a sense that they can escape there own life and watch someone elses, when that t.v is turned off theyre depressed because its not some intersting t.v show (uhh... inability to concentrate and anxiety are also red flags of depression)

tv is for the whole family...it tells you how to act, what to eat, what to play with, what's funny and what's not, what's cool and what's not, fat people are gross and fart and smell, dorks and nerds are only dorks and nerds when they wear glasses, hip hop is a joke, gay people can entertain your kids on the disney channel but they're not allowed to get married, you need to buy everything you don't need cause there's always something wrong with you...you need to dye your hair, get proactive, get head on, whiten your teeth, get some pills for having a weak bladder, restless leg syndrome, coughing, sneezing, diarrhea, herpes, erectile dysfunction, pussy dryness, being too fat, being too skinny, being bald, and whatever else is wrong with you.

I don't own a tv...My kids don't watch TV either. I do allow them to watch a FEW cartoons here and there on the computer. I don't really like that much but I have 4 kids and my wife says she needs a little quiet time in the day so I'm not trying to be a tyrant.

Commercials are the worst. Then teen sitcoms. I can't stand that garbage.

People always tell my wife how well behaved my kids are and I think not letting them watch TV constantly has a lot to do with it.