Post your NON M$ Windows DESKTOPS FTMFW

Dirty_habiT

Just as title states. Mac/linux users, let's see what you've got. I don't expect this thread to become big because most of the world are stuck using windows... but here's mine, I've got 6 desktop workspaces that I can divide my apps up in... for example the names I've given to my different workspaces are default, web, media, shell, devel, and misc... anyway, here's mine:

Screenshot-1.jpg

...and yes, I can see my load average wilding out, it normally settles down after a short minute. This computer has been rock solid for me, I think the longest I ran it was like 58 days or something uptime without any issues.

If anyone has any questions as to wtf this is, feel free to pm me and I'll try to help out with some answers. If you're looking to play video games, there are very limited options on the system I'm using, but other than that, you can do everything you'd want to do with a windows computer and more. Take care people, and hopefully we can get some cool desktop photos posted in here.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
you got a great thread here chief

Well I wouldn't say great, but I get kinda tired of looking at the desktop threads when I'm seeing people with incredibly cluttered desktops, or the only thing cool on their computer is their background of some artsy fartsy train track picture of them laying down close to the tracks and photographing the curve and turning it sepia. I'd rather organize my sock drawer. My experience has been that the macintosh desktops and people running unix (probably <1% of 12oz's user base) have much nicer customized desktops that are a little bit more special and took a little more work to get them there. I didn't expect this thread to have 50 replies when I woke up this morning.

It's more efficient in using your computer's resources. There's games for it, but if you use your computer to play all the new games I'd recommend against it... it's more of a very functional tool than it is a toy. You can have really crappy spec'd hardware and linux will still run like a champ... it's open source which means anyone can look at and modify the source code that makes the operating system itself. M$ keeps their source secret. It's updated constantly and there's a SHIT TON of software out there and it's ALL free... and does everything that all that expensive shit you pay for on windows can do.

so you wanna different OS you say but you do not want to install or do anything to get noe well then this is for you they are called webOS's

jooce

Power to the People

jooce.com.jpg

atoolo

Your home in the web

www.atoolo.com.jpg

myGoya

Online Desktop

www.mygoya.com.jpg

OS X Mercury

It's like a Mac on a PC

www.se51.net.jpg

Wubuntu

Ubuntu on Web

wubuntu.weejewel.net.jpg

Glide

The first complete online operating system

www.glidedigital.com.jpg

oDesktop

Your Web Desktop on the Internet

www.odesktop.net.jpg

schmedley

schmedley is so much more than a start-page

www.schmedley.com.jpg

Dekoh

A cool web desktop platform for applications

dekoh.com.jpg

AjaxWindows

Your Desktop Anywhere

www.ajaxwindows.com.jpg

Craythur

anytime, anyplace

www.craythur.com.jpg

Goowy

Your personal webtop

www.goowy.com.jpg

YouOS

A web Operating System (Alpha)

www.youos.com.jpg

web-os

no comments

G.ho.st

running the Global Hosted Operating SysTem

g.ho.st.jpg

Xindesk

Your computer. Accessible from wherever you are.

www.xindesk.com.jpg

CorneliOs

The virtual web OS

www.cornelios.org.jpg

eyeOS

The Open Source Web Operating System

eyeos.org.jpg

Desktoptwo

You can bring your desktop too

desktoptwo.com.jpg