Disappointed handstyle enthusiast...

religion

Okay, well... I just wanted to direct this to all these up and coming ink and marker salesmen who seem to be on the rise, and promoting their shit through this site. First off... I've been a bomber for a while... and pardon the possible arrogance, but I know my shit. Heres the thing; as dope as mops and homemade markers are, its kind of annoying that nobody's come up with the perfect marker for bombing yet. It seems really easy to me. Now don't get me wrong! I understand that "if its so easy how come you haven't done it then?!?!?"... but I don't make my living off of graff... I have a kid, a mortgage, and a job I enjoy... so for now... I'm pretty good. I can make markers that come pretty close to what I think would be ideal, but, with the time and money of somebody who buys and sells the shit for a living, why shouldent the big cats come up with the shit! They are making their living off of a skill I've been arrested for!!! If all these companies are so down for graff, cant they see the demand for a marker that combines all the good shit and none of the flaws of a Kiwi, Valve marker, Pilot nib, and screw on cap! Now I'm not sure of the cost to actually have a prototype made... or the trouble it would be to pitch that prototype to a company that would actually produce it, but I mean fucking come on! On The Run just released NEW markers that fucking BLOW. Water based acrylic ink, and a potentionally brilliant round tip marker is ruined by corporate bottom line. Its obvious that every company on the come up is buying outsourced dauber (SoulTip, Facepaint) and valve markers (Flowpen, Molotow) from bullshit foreign exporters and just calling them "Street Mops", selling them at a retarded inflated price, and STILL dominating the marker market. Well... its bullshit. If a company like On The Run cant get their shit together I'm just gonna boycott them. Their latest circle tip marker was so disappointing that I fucking screamed. If Im out in the streets, risking my freedom to bomb shit, who the fuck are these guys to leave me stranded with shitty, shitty lines of product. Why? Because it is obviously just a fucking 25 cent wholesale marker with one of the shittiest nibs I've ever used they bought, printed their logo on, and raised the price to fucking price on. You're just paying for the name. Well fuck the name.

The ink game, in my opinion, is on point. KR, Grog, DED, Marsh, PP, CV, MB... its around and effective. If you cant make yourself a good ink, you don't deserve it.

I would love to see a marker with the circle shaped nib of a Kiwi, except the material used for the nib is Pilot nib material, with the valve of a flowpen, the no hassle screw on lid of a face paint marker, and a shampoo bottle sized base/resiviour. Pick any dope ink and your set. No nib ripping up on the first slightly rough surface you hit. Enough Ink to satisfy the most discerning tagger, control over drips, and not a hell of alot of mess with the screw on lid. Its the perfect weapon as far as I'm concerned. Add the option of smaller and bigger sized nibs and color varients, and you've got a new era of tagging happening.

So basically, I aint mad at Krink, DED, Oink or any other cats getting thiers in the game right now... honestly, they got some of the dopest inks around! But this marker biz is bullshit. Companys like Montana, Molotow, or On The Run have enough cash to make the perfect marker... so why dont they? I'd totally pay for the type of shit I've described above, wouldnt you? Maybe you woudnt. But I would. And alot of writers would... am I right? Nothing beats a free marker, but most serious taggers I know wont hesitate to drop cash on some next level shit. Most bomber apreciates Pilot SC-6600's and Silver broads enough to pay for them. Most likes the flow of flow pens, but not the mess and the shitty lid/delicate nib, and threading in the valve/nib which leaks far too often. Most like the size and shape of the Kiwi nib, but hate the delicateness of it. Everybody loves ink that stays dark as fuck outdoors, but leaves a nice ghost when buffed. Am I crazy, or should this shit be here already?????

I'd like to hear praise or criticisim from experienced bombers. I'm not a nerd, just a serious handstylist/everyday person.

What the do you think everybody??? Agree or disagree.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im a believer in some junobo shit. and krink is almost a loss with the execption of bleedthru blue....i just stick to the classic oil based/ thinner/ brake grease combo. but its getting a lil stupid nowadays with all this shit coming out...there applying more towards the toys out there instead of the writers that work hard to make there shit work...its just startin to piss me off too.

I agree. Although the upside to having to make the real good ink/paint dispensers on your own is that it keeps the toys down. Sure it would be nice to have a perfect pen thats easily accessible. But the fools who are in it for a minute shouldn't be getting the same shit that the pros use just cause they looked up "dope graffitiing pens" on goggle. That shit ain't fair man. I had to learn all that shit on my own and it wasn't easy. Only people who are dedicated should be in the know. But I guess thats just life. Everything gets easier for the younger generations.

• 3 weeks later...

Just like it has taken years to develop really good spraypaint for graffiti, it will take several years before anyone has the perfect marker out. And what is the perfect marker? An individual thing from one writer to the next...

Have you tried every marker from Molotow or OTR? They have new markers out practically every month, for different usage. Im sure one of them soon will fill your needs...

for real. markers can be cheap/free/homemade and will always be better than the big companies shit. homemades are the best because its what you want, store bought markers are alright bcz of mods you can do to them and free markers are the ones you dont give a fuck about so you use em and abuse them. so it is what it is but once the top dog shit is out ill def be one of the first in line to purchase!

the marker you are talking about already exists....i copped one off ebay for 10 bucks. its a blue mop with a large strong nib good for street shit and a twist on mop. the only problem is that only can only use inks in it...not good for paint based shit like krink. but feibings, garvey, corio, and shit like that works perfect

heres a pic of it in action on muni...i use it on buses mostly but i have used it on streets with good success

374024575_2789092ad5.jpg?v=0