Damn, Switzerland. WTF???

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

GENEVA - The campaign poster was blatant in its xenophobic symbolism: Three white sheep kicking out a black sheep over a caption that read "for more security." The message was not from a fringe force in Switzerland's political scene but from its largest party.

The nationalist Swiss People's Party is proposing a deportation policy that anti-racism campaigners say evokes Nazi-era practices. Under the plan, entire families would be expelled if their children are convicted of a violent crime, drug offenses or benefits fraud.

The party is trying to collect the 100,000 signatures needed to force a referendum on the issue. If approved in a referendum, the law would be the only one of its kind in Europe.

"We believe that parents are responsible for bringing up their children. If they can't do it properly, they will have to bear the consequences," Ueli Maurer, president of the People's Party, told The Associated Press.

Ronnie Bernheim of the Swiss Foundation against Racism and Anti-Semitism said the proposal was similar to the Nazi practice of "Sippenhaft" — or kin liability — whereby relatives of criminals were held responsible for his or her crimes and punished equally.

Similar practices occurred during Stalin's purges in the early days of the Soviet Union and the 1966-76 Cultural Revolution in China, when millions were persecuted for their alleged ideological failings.

"As soon as the first 10 families and their children have been expelled from the country, then things will get better at a stroke," said Maurer, whose party controls the Justice Ministry and shares power in an unwieldy coalition that includes all major parties.

He explained that his party has long campaigned to make deportation compulsory for convicted immigrants rather than an optional and rarely applied punishment.

The party claims foreigners — who make up about 20 percent of the population — are four times more likely to commit crimes than Swiss nationals.

Bernheim said the vast majority of Switzerland's immigrants are law-abiding and warned against generalizations.

"If you don't treat a complicated issue with the necessary nuance and care, then you won't do it justice," he said.

Commentators have expressed horror over the symbolism used by the People's Party to make its point.

"This way of thinking shows an obvious blood-and-soil mentality," read one editorial in the Zurich daily Tages-Anzeiger, calling for a broader public reaction against the campaign.

So far, however, there has been little popular backlash against the posters.

"We haven't had any complaints," said Maurer.

The city of Geneva — home to Switzerland's humanitarian traditions as well as the European headquarters of the United Nations and the U.N. Refugee Agency, or UNHCR — said the campaign was likely to stir up intolerance.

The UNHCR said the law would run contrary to the U.N. refugee convention, of which Switzerland is a signatory.

But observers say the People's Party's hardline stance on immigration could help it in the Oct. 21 national elections. In 2004, the party successfully campaigned for tighter immigration laws using the image of black hands reaching into a pot filled with Swiss passports.

"It's certainly no coincidence that the People's Party launched this initiative before the elections," said Oliver Geden, a political scientist at the Berlin Institute for International and Security Affairs.

He said provocative campaigns such as this had worked well for the party in the past.

"The symbol of the black sheep was clearly intended to have a double meaning. On the one hand there's the familiar idea of the black sheep, but a lot of voters are also going to associate it with the notion of dark-skinned drug dealers," said Geden.

The party also has put forward a proposal to ban the building of minaret towers alongside mosques. And one of its leading figures, Justice Minister Christoph Blocher, said he wants to soften anti-racism laws because they prevent freedom of speech.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a campaign lead by a populist party in switzerland, it's about expulsing criminal foreigners to their countries. the party use the pic you see above^^. it's the story with the black sheep but apparently people are too narrow minded to understand the second degree so for them it's a racist campaign against black people...voila plus this party use a lot of borderline racist propaganda

it's a campaign lead by a populist party in switzerland, it's about expulsing criminal foreigners to their countries. the party use the pic you see above^^. it's the story with the black sheep but apparently people are too narrow minded to understand the second degree so for them it's a racist campaign against black people...voila plus this party use a lot of borderline racist propaganda

whoa that's the most text i've ever seen egg post

as caligula said before, egg is a man of little words... mostly youtube links and pictures

Auschwitz, the meaning of pain

The way that I want you to die

Slow death, immense decay

Showers that cleanse you of your life

Forced in

Like cattle

You run

Stripped of

Your life's worth

Human mice, for the Angel of Death

Four hundred thousand more to die

Angel of Death

Monarch to the kingdom of the dead

Sadistic, surgeon of demise

Sadist of the noblest blood

Destroying, without mercy

To benefit the Aryan race

Surgery, with no anesthesia

Feel the knife pierce you intensely

Inferior, no use to mankind

Strapped down screaming out to die

Angel of Death

Monarch to the kingdom of the dead

Infamous butcher,

Angel of Death

Pumped with fluid, inside your brain

Pressure in your skull begins pushing through your eyes

Burning flesh, drips away

Test of heat burns your skin, your mind starts to boil

Frigid cold, cracks your limbs

How long can you last

In this frozen water burial?

Sewn together, joining heads

Just a matter of time

'Til you rip yourselves apart

Millions laid out in their

Crowded tombs

Sickening ways to achieve

The holocaust

Seas of blood, bury life

Smell your death as it burns

Deep inside of you

Abacinate, eyes that bleed

Praying for the end of

Your wide awake nightmare

Wings of pain, reach out for you

His face of death staring down,

Your blood running cold

Injecting cells, dying eyes

Feeding on the screams of

The mutants he's creating

Pathetic harmless victims

Left to die

Rancid Angel of Death

Flying free

Maybe you didn't read the whole thing and missed the part where they want to get rid of entire famillies if one of them commits a crime. Think about your entire family being exhiled because you got busted smoking weed or got in a fight.

I'm sure it's for something a little more serious than that. And I have to say I agree with it. The key term here being "foreigners". That means anyone who isn't from Switzerland, not someone who's non-white.

Maybe you didn't read the whole thing and missed the part where they want to get rid of entire famillies if one of them commits a crime. Think about your entire family being exhiled because you got busted smoking weed or got in a fight.

raping killing drug trafficking and stuff like that

I'm sure it's for something a little more serious than that. And I have to say I agree with it.

Well then I guess you're a fucking idiot.

Under the plan, entire families would be expelled if their children are convicted of a violent crime, drug offenses or benefits fraud.

they arent talking about lesser crimes. read up on it before you start talking like you know everything.

sort of like when you went ahead and argued with science on whether alcohol was a depressant or not.

I read the article. The same one I just posted. I'm assuming that it's in the same English that we both read. If you read a different English, well then I don't know what to tell you.

If you have something to argue this with other than your will to just argue, then please enlighten me as to how this Yahoo News article is a hoax.

And if you get depressed while drunk then that's your problem. I personally have never seen anybody get depressed from drinking. Infact it's usually what people who are "depressed" do to cheer up. And I've been around most likely longer than you. :biglaugh:

I read the article. The same one I just posted. I'm assuming that it's in the same English that we both read. If you read a different English, well then I don't know what to tell you.

If you have something to argue this with other than your will to just argue, then please enlighten me as to how this Yahoo News article is a hoax.

And if you get depressed while drunk then that's your problem. I personally have never seen anybody get depressed from drinking. Infact it's usually what people who are "depressed" do to cheer up. And I've been around most likely longer than you. :biglaugh:

theres more information than just this one article.

stop trying to make a point with the alcohol is not a depressant thing because you make yourself seem like a huge idiot.

im not going to discuss this any further with you.

That's fucking retarded. Do you control everyone else in your family? Does your family have control over what you do? Fuck outa here.

Then maybe they do not need to go to some other country and bring their problems with them. That is like going to dinner over a strangers house and leaving pubes with crabs on their toilet seat.

Why should another county have to tolerate those problems?

Every thing I read from you seems to be more and more retarded. Not because of what your position is on any one subject, but because you think your way is right and you can not discuss anything rationally. Stop being an asshole.