WHO REMEMBERS... (12oz THE EARLY YEARS)

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Wow...02?03? That feels like about 15 yrs ago.

I remember when I first came to Channel Zero and I saw that Mr. President was the last person that posted in just about every thread.

I thought something like, "that nigga must be in the bubble"....only to find out it was the exact opposite and everyone hated him.

wow i remember back with the 2003 style. someone mentioned the greenish layout, i liked that one the best i think.

the green on black layout preceedes the internet archive i believe. that was somewhere around 1998 if i remember correctly. or at least not too much longer then that.

i got a copy of beautiful decay yesterday. haven't had time to read it, but browsing through it, i saw they did a piece on graffiti mags. they have a picture of the first 12oz in there. just thought i'd let anyone who cares, know.

as for the website, i think i came here when it first started, but was looking more for magazine images and what not. at that time, i was internet retarded, so i had no clue about forums. so i just ignored it. my mistake.

any chance of getting a clean scan of the cover and article?

kudos to anyone that can remember what three writers had galleries on the very first 12oz site.

I was around for tyhe Green Screen. I believe that the three gallery writers were Dekay, Oiler, and Joker, but Im not 100 percent sure. I do remember that they were the "ORIGINAL" moderators in the "crew" seperated forums for FC, BA, and FA. Onnly members of those crews could enter and talk to each other.

The earliest username that I still have valid is my "The Hyena" name, but I had at least htree before that.

I remember being the person to give certain writers recomendations to be moderators. Beardo, Cracked Ass come to mind.

I remember shit tons of things about the old oz.

sorry, might have to take these to the grave.

damn. the cia link was funny, and i doubt alot of people remember that, it was when the splash screen was black with a pic in the center.

down in the far right hand corner was a small link, can't recall what it said, but it went directly to cia.gov.

now tell us about the larry flynt deal and we'll kill tease for you.

congrats.

did you ever think that this would take off back in the day?

what about the magazine? ever think it (all of it) would go this far?

nope.

the magazine was a combination of college project and me trying to get other mags to step up their game so i could have something better to read. it was a bluff, i actually never planned to do a second issue.

as far as the board, i just was too laazy to figure out IRC or dig through the alt.graffiti discussions so i started a board up. i always enjoyed the idea of a gathering place for writers, so it made sense.