Living with your significant other...

ClueTwo

Would you live with your lady/man if you had the choice?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to know how many of you live with your significant other.

Tell me how you like, what you like, what you don't like, and any recommendations for me...

I've lived with a girlfriend in the past and we didn't make through a full six month lease..Although..The girl I'm dating now is extremely different, way cooler, and much more down to earth.

Whatever, enough about me...I want to hear some shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if either of you have your own place right now. try living there for a week. after smelling each others shit, listening to each others farts, watching TV shows you dont want to watch and seeing each other every day and night...you may be able to see if you guys can live together.

Would you live with your ex though?

If I lived with my ex and her boyfriend was coming over all the time I think that would get awkward...

But yes if me and her were together. She loved to clean and cooke spanich foods fucked constantly. Pretty much that sounds awesome...

My girl moved in with me the day we started going out (she's from jersey, we met online, she came to visit, she decided to move here with me).

We've been dating for over a year now, and have our own house together. It's tough at times cause we see each other constantly and never really have much time to miss each other.

However, it's probably made us a stronger couple by living together because we know that we can stand being around each other constantly. We're each others best friends and she's into all the same shit i'm into, so it all works out.

the main thing i think in maintaining a decent relationship while living with your girl/guy is understanding personal space..

true quote

"dammit i'm tryin to take a shit! cant you fuckin wait to brush your teeth? jesus fuckn christ esquire swear i'm gonna put deadbolts on the inside of this door why is it everytime i go in a room you suddenly remember somthing that needs to be done in there? fuck i lost the page number to my dilbert book... woman let me shit in piece!"

/m00gle\

I've been with my wife for 12 years....4 kids. One on the way. We've lived in like 8 different houses together. At one point we stayed together just for the kids, but then we went overseas and fell in love again. The problem with people today is that relationships to most people are way too interchangable, like...."I don't like these underwear anymore, I think I'll toss em and but some new ones" That's the way people view relationships these days.

It's not an easy thing all the time being with the same person for so long, but I couldn't picture being without her. We're like grown together. Good and bad. I know it sounds corny but She's one of the only women that would put up with me for more than 6 months.

My advice, be flexable and if you really want it to work out, communicate with her and don't forget all the Don Juan cool s#!t you did to get her hooked in the first place. Don't turn all homer simpson on her. Be a Mack in the crib and she'll love you for it.

my recommendation to you --don't be a bum. carry your own. step up to the plate and be a man. make sure you're financially stable enough to carry the rent/bills/and other expenses. financial problems come in the front door, the relationship will go out the backdoor. definitely remember that people need space from time to time. also, learn how to work through any problems no matter how big or small. put the toilet seat down, clean up the toothpaste in the sink, wash your dishes, cook meals, clean the shower, wash your own damn clothes, and don't get drunk and piss the bed. and if you aren't planning to have kids, get your lady on the pill or make sure you're a pro with the condom.

that's my advice.

I chose "not a chance" because I already know its a bad idea living together... but unfortunatly for me I'm leaving to go to school in NYC in a couple months and she's moving up there to persue a modeling career... so it just makes sense to get a placre together. On the plus side is when I can't come up with the rent it won't be no swet... she's got money like that... so its good in that sense. But fuck dudes I cant even leave my phone layin around without her runnin all thru it. Gotta do what ya gotta do I guess... any advice to lighten the situation would be much helpfull. PM me if you want. Thanks and good luck to the rest of you.

If you can only stand seeing each other for a few hours at a clip then what chance does your relationship have of lasting or being serious? Not saying don't have personal space, but if your girl is the one for you then you at least have to be able to withstand each other, no? Maybe I'm lucky, my girl and I click and have basically lived together from the start. She finds farts and shits amusing and understands that when the phone rings and it's graf on the other end of the line then I gots to go.

no, but it turned into me being the maid.

I'm nobody's mom, especially not for some dude. I'd like to keep it that way.

I am so disappointed. I look forward to that day. Its a womans role.

Feminist lesbian.

<3

my girl moved in with me over the summer while she's not at school. it's worked out so far, it was a nice trial period... as long as you remember to do shit like pick up after yourself so she's not constantly having to clean up after you.

and always remember that you have to set aside personal time, or space, or whatever, if that is important to you. if you don't establish that from the start she might not understand if your feeling suffocated later on. keep that in mind.