they watch and listen

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/08/AR2007100801434.html?sub=AR

Dragonfly or Insect Spy? Scientists at Work on Robobugs.

By Rick Weiss

Vanessa Alarcon saw them while working at an antiwar rally in Lafayette Square last month.

"I heard someone say, 'Oh my god, look at those,' " the college senior from New York recalled. "I look up and I'm like, 'What the hell is that?' They looked kind of like dragonflies or little helicopters. But I mean, those are not insects."

Out in the crowd, Bernard Crane saw them, too.

"I'd never seen anything like it in my life," the Washington lawyer said. "They were large for dragonflies. I thought, 'Is that mechanical, or is that alive?' "

That is just one of the questions hovering over a handful of similar sightings at political events in Washington and New York. Some suspect the insectlike drones are high-tech surveillance tools, perhaps deployed by the Department of Homeland Security.

Others think they are, well, dragonflies -- an ancient order of insects that even biologists concede look about as robotic as a living creature can look.

No agency admits to having deployed insect-size spy drones. But a number of U.S. government and private entities acknowledge they are trying. Some federally funded teams are even growing live insects with computer chips in them, with the goal of mounting spyware on their bodies and controlling their flight muscles remotely.

The robobugs could follow suspects, guide missiles to targets or navigate the crannies of collapsed buildings to find survivors.

The technical challenges of creating robotic insects are daunting, and most experts doubt that fully working models exist yet.

"If you find something, let me know," said Gary Anderson of the Defense Department's Rapid Reaction Technology Office.

But the CIA secretly developed a simple dragonfly snooper as long ago as the 1970s. And given recent advances, even skeptics say there is always a chance that some agency has quietly managed to make something operational.

"America can be pretty sneaky," said Tom Ehrhard, a retired Air Force colonel and expert in unmanned aerial vehicles who is now at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, a nonprofit Washington-based research institute.

...article continues....

for login http://www.bugmenot.com

• 4 weeks later...

SOOOO Glad somebody else saw this. Its so fucked up everyday its something new everyday canada or europe is looking better and better. I mean once our dollar plummets enough I think I am going to say goodbye...

Extreme change is needed now!!!

RON PAUL '08

Yea thats where I heard it this morning on the way to work. I was furious I seriously am not a fan of this country anymore all they do is lie to us. Take power away from washington and give it back to the states.

agreed. we all need to be pretty pissed. pitchforks and torches time.

That is what it would take but then it would never happen. Our government wouldnt think twice to open fire on its own people. I mean shit look at iraq sending our troops to die. When can we come out? When will we know when we are finished? Its like the gov. is just like "eh...we'll let you know..."

Thats the scariest part about it. If there was a movement put forth the gov. would just throw people into some secret prison for the rest of their lives and say they are terrorists. When the only thing they are terrorizing is the way the gov. is run right now. When in reality they are just exercising their rights given to them by the constitution.

Another reason why I like Ron Paul he actually realizes what the constitution was put in place for.

That is what it would take but then it would never happen. Our government wouldnt think twice to open fire on its own people. I mean shit look at iraq sending our troops to die. When can we come out? When will we know when we are finished? Its like the gov. is just like "eh...we'll let you know..."

Thats the scariest part about it. If there was a movement put forth the gov. would just throw people into some secret prison for the rest of their lives and say they are terrorists. When the only thing they are terrorizing is the way the gov. is run right now. When in reality they are just exercising their rights given to them by the constitution.

Another reason why I like Ron Paul he actually realizes what the constitution was put in place for.

you do realize that if shit ever popped off, the citizens outnumber the troops...and we have more guns...they have more powerful weapons, but we ahve more people.

nad most of the military people i know are aware of the oath they took to protect us from invaders foreign and domestic....even if the domestic is our own govt.

but we shouldn't think about things like that, it only makes it harder to think rationally.

a peaceful revolution would be great, but...

ronpaul2008.com

actually on this topic... i just went to a forum about civil liberties post september 11th in america.... there were a few speakers, one of them was a translator in iraq, working with the nsa... i got to speak with him for a while afterwards, and i was honestly amazed at some of the things he was able to educate me about...

They really do watch and listen... and wasn't echelon what they used in the 70's or is that the new one... i can never seem to remember...

actually on this topic... i just went to a forum about civil liberties post september 11th in america.... there were a few speakers, one of them was a translator in iraq, working with the nsa... i got to speak with him for a while afterwards, and i was honestly amazed at some of the things he was able to educate me about...

They really do watch and listen... and wasn't echelon what they used in the 70's or is that the new one... i can never seem to remember...

it's been around for awhile.

• 4 weeks later...

bump this thread...

''Michelin, which manufactures 800,000 tires a day, is going to insert RFID tags into its tires. The tag will store a unique number for each tire, a number that will be associated with the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Good for Michelin, and car manufacturers, and fighting crime. Potentially bad for you. Who will assure your privacy? Do you really want your car's tires broadcasting your every move?''

''Right now, you can buy a hammer, a pair of jeans, or a razor blade with anonymity. With RFID tags, that may be a thing of the past. Some manufacturers are planning to tag just the packaging, but others will also tag their products. There is no law requiring a label indicating that an RFID chip is in a product. Once you buy your RFID-tagged jeans at The Gap with RFID-tagged money, walk out of the store wearing RFID-tagged shoes, and get into your car with its RFID-tagged tires, you could be tracked anywhere you travel.''

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/169

dam that michelin tire thing is fucking scary...

I think my school has rfid chips inside our school ids... I need to build a reader to check that out... but they also run a key logger on all computers, and can access everything you ever did when on that computer... the thing is they don't require you to login... but they do require you to put your id on a certain spot... which leads me to believe it has a rfid chip in it...

• 2 weeks later...
Reading this thread and some of the stuff on the survivalism thread makes me think of the movie red dawn. Although in the movie we were taken over by russia, some of these issues give me the same feelings of confinement.

it's all in the same line of thinking. communism/fascism.

we've got a bunch of those types at the top right now.

Reading this thread and some of the stuff on the survivalism thread makes me think of the movie red dawn. Although in the movie we were taken over by russia, some of these issues give me the same feelings of confinement.

Red Dawn is a great movie. I bought one DVD. Very parallel to the US occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq currently. Just reverse rolls

hahaha

fuckin bullets and money