Genius Kid

Mellow

video here

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=49750&cl=3825218&ch=1105621&src=news

or read

HONG KONG (AFP) - A nine-year-old maths prodigy was Thursday admitted to a Hong Kong university, telling reporters he struggled to communicate academically with his own age group.

March Boedihardjo, an Indonesian-Chinese boy resident in Hong Kong, earlier this month gained two grade As and a B in his A-levels -- normally taken by 18-year-olds -- enough for a place at Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU).

He will begin his mathematics undergraduate course in September, the university authorities said. Earlier reports said he has been turned down by another university in Hong Kong.

The precocious youngster was presented to the media Thursday and spoke in both Cantonese and in English, toying with the microphone and yawning as photographers lightbulbs flashed around him.

Asked what he does in his spare time, he said: "Most of the time, I like to read books, but on the weekends I like to go out to play with friends," adding they play chess, Monopoly and cards.

"We can play games together but academically, we can't communicate."

Asked why he had not gone to school in the United Kingdom, he replied in English, "because my father does not have sufficient money."

The university has designed a special five-year course for Boedihardjo, leading to a masters degree, the authorities said.

Tony Boedihardjo, Marchs father, said the university had given him confidence they could cope with the particular demands of the nine-year-old.

"I am reassured that HKBUs distinctive whole-person education and its reputation for academic excellence will help March develop his talents in a complete way," he said.

Franklin Luk, president of HKBU, said the decision to admit the youngster was based on a "commitment to nurturing gifted students."

"Despite his age, March has achieved excellent examination results and also expressed himself admirably in our interviews," he told reporters.

"Therefore, following our initial assessment, we consider that it is suitable for him to pursue his studies at university level."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
That's fucking rad. I found a perfectly good BMX bike in the trash last night while I was drunk, and I thought that was rad, but this kid is way radder.

i don't know, dude. finding a perfectly good bike in the trash is pretty rad. unless this kid finds the cure for cancer or aids, the bike gets teh winz.

i once found a big ass box of good unused white paper behind some building.