GPS navigation units

M_I

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro
This story had controversy, conspiracy, and pictures. I'm impressed...

I have nothing to add in the GPS arena, but I will say that recently I was on a trip with work folks to a meeting at a video game/bowling alley/sports bar and we were lost. Everyone tried to get us directions:

1) The guy driver had Honda GPS, but hadn't got a new disk. Our destination was not on his older disk but he spent like 20 minutes searching while driving.

2) The other guy in the car called 411 which forwarded him to a phone system, and after 5 minutes it was a dead number.

3) I got on my cell Goggle maps which gave the wrong direction plus the phone number I found was an answering machine.

So, here are three guys using every resource available to get the directions to a spot 30 miles from the office and...

4) The girl in the back calls a friend and gets directions from one of the people there...

Technology sucks.

That sucks, but the one good thing about tom tom....they update like every couple of months..so all you have to do is plug your tom tom in the computer and viola!

but still, sometimes...if shit is brand new. You wont find it, but at least you can get close to your destination.

Archived