tonight made me glad i quit docking

Abracadabra

so as you may or may not know i bought a skateboard on the weekend and it's been a few years since i've skated every day. well, today i figured instead of waiting for the bus i'd try skate home instead, so i skated the 17 blocks home. knocked it over in roughly 15 minutes. if i was still a smoker i probably would have collapsed at about the half way point, but i managed to make it home and although i was hot and sweaty, there were no burning lungs and massive loss of breath. it was a welcome change.

now i'm sitting at home enjoying a beer and listening to the pixies. word. in a few weeks i might even be in shape for the first time in a long time.

here's a gif of alex olson representing the four elements of rap hop

alex.gif

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: tonight made me glad i quit smoking

Do you occassionally have a dart when you're on the beers?

although i have been tempted to (moreso when i first quit) i have not even taken one drag of a cig since i've quit. some days are alot harder than others, and i'll probably always crave a cigarette, but i can live with that. i'm really happy with myself, and hope never to relapse.

so far it's been about a year and a half since i last smoked a cigarette

skating and smoking cigs kinda goes hand in hand... well not really. but when i was skating all the time, i used to smoke all the time. however, after i stopped skating, i kept smoking. i don't really smoke anymore, but i'll have one once in a while.

i quit smoking for bike riding. it has yet to have noticable effects on my biking ability but its great waking up in the morning without a nasty taste in your mouth and a craving for that morning cigarette.

i had really strong cravings for about a week, and now i dont want one at all.

i quit smoking for bike riding. it has yet to have noticable effects on my biking ability but its great waking up in the morning without a nasty taste in your mouth and a craving for that morning cigarette.

i had really strong cravings for about a week, and now i dont want one at all.

What type of riding do you do?

I never used to smoke, and used to be a big rider.

I begun smoking and stopped riding as much.

These days I can't even do half of the stuff I used to do.

My short sprints are terrible, and I have lost a lot of my ability to pump sets of jumps.

I'm going to quit soon and start riding. I miss it.

i know that feeling. maybe just cause im pregnant. i met up with some ladies at a pub to eat dinner that was filled with smoke. i was wheezing and couldnt breath for shit after that.

i appreciate that more places have gone to non smoking.

smoking is nasty, but sometimes so satisfying.

props on quitting... i used to smoke a pack of newport 100's like every day... i quit one day after i played a game of football with some homies... i couldn't breath for shit, and it felt like someone kept on dropkicking me in the chest for like 30 minutes straight...

yea, def props on quiting

I couldnt imagine that shit.

I been smokin Newports for 9yrs (4 full flavoreds, 5 lights) and I get all those symptoms like hacking shit up, chest pains n shit..... but it doesnt bother me, I can still run just like I used to, I can do all the shit I used to. When I play football n shit I got no problem keepin up. But my throat does burn like fuckin hell though

so as you may or may not know i bought a skateboard on the weekend and it's been a few years since i've skated every day. well, today i figured instead of waiting for the bus i'd try skate home instead, so i skated the 17 blocks home. knocked it over in roughly 15 minutes. if i was still a smoker i probably would have collapsed at about the half way point, but i managed to make it home and although i was hot and sweaty, there were no burning lungs and massive loss of breath. it was a welcome change.

now i'm sitting at home enjoying a beer and listening to the pixies. word. in a few weeks i might even be in shape for the first time in a long time.

here's a gif of alex olson representing the four elements of rap hop

alex.gif

Bah , you pussy . :lol:

been so purified, now it has gotten to the point where any second-hand smoke i happen to smell gives me a headache

Every time I try to quit I do ok for a few days but smelling someone else smoking makes me want real bad. I always give in.

But on another note. When I ride m y bike I ride an average of 10-20 miles and I smoke a pack every 2 or 3 days.

Doesn't seem to affect me at all.

Good for you!

I'm walking again now after ACL surgery last month,

and I'm about to build a mini ramp in my place for

the winter. It's been over 5 years since I have been

able to skate everyday, and the last time I skated,

about a year ago seriously, I almost was better than

I remembered. I couldn't ollie that high at all, but on

a low bar that someone had, I was all on some nollie

and switch shit! That was the last time because that

one day killed my knee for months. Now I'm fixed and

getting ready... I can't wait to skate everyday again!

Congrats on quiting the smoking too!