******* John From Cincinnati ****

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

entourage has been getting weaker and weaker.

2nd season was the peak.

it's still entertaining though.

i saw an interview with the writer from john frm cincinnati and the dude is a bit strange.

but he did explain the show a bit by saying this:

Milch on the show's premise and thematic content...

"I was interested in faith as a regenerative and reorganizing principle for the community," but went onto to do Deadwood.

"This is a show in which I tried - I wanted to come back to the original idea. If God were trying to make himself known with a particular urgency because the apocalypse is coming, and if the difficulty was not with his faculty of communication but rather with our capacity to understand.

"The idea that the universe is a solid system but a series of waves. And that man is not an individual creature, but that his essence is carried from seeming individual to seeming individual is available to surfers if they aren't loaded and selfish or if they don't become addicted to the behavior of surfing itself. Doesn't often happen."

thats should shed some light on it.

i love this show but i understand zero of it.

HBO MAKES THE BEST ORIGINAL SERIES THAT TV HAS TO OFFER.

always has.

I don't know if they canceled it, but last night was definitely the season finale, and I'm pissed man. It did not add up at all. I love the show, but for a finale it was a pretty shitty episode that kept making less and less narrative sense as it winded down.

IF HBO cancels the show, I hope Showtime will pick it up or something, I'd like to see more. The intro credits are probably the best ever, too.

it made some sense.

mitch got back in the game.

butchie isn't doped up anymore.

sean has a mom and is following his surfer dreams.

sissy and mitch have patched their relationship up to an extent.

the bird came back.

it makes sense from what the writer said about the show.

meaning that faith or some outside force showed up and unified their community.

i believe that was the point.

it made some sense.

mitch got back in the game.

butchie isn't doped up anymore.

sean has a mom and is following his surfer dreams.

sissy and mitch have patched their relationship up to an extent.

the bird came back.

the drug dealer passed along his turf

the dr. opened up a clinic (unless i made that part up)

lisp and coffee shop girl kinda kicked it

link officially stepped down from the company

we finally figured out, or for those of us who assumed, that john was speaking through quotes from others, in an attempt to get his message across.

alot of stuff was tied together, you just have to remember that shit never made any sense, so if it was all revealed right now, it would be a complete plot deviation. you need to get it in small pieces, and still have parts that dont make sense. life doesnt make sense. this show is fucking awesome.

seeks/i hate curb your enthusiasm.

First, Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the funniest shows around.

Second, I'd have liked the season finale to at least clarify why Mitch could levitate, why Kai and Butchie both fried out when John said "see God", where Shaun and John went to, and who exactly John was. ESPECIALLY if the show doesn't get picked up for another season. I still love the show, it's a great cathartic experience and I've grown attached to the characters. I just feel that the last episode lacked any coherent direction and seemed rushed, over-edited, and ended far too abruptly.

First, Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the funniest shows around.

why Kai and Butchie both fried out when John said "see God".

i think they got tweaked when he said that because either he made them actually see god or gave them a taste of what it would be like to see god. there is some shit written in the bible or some old scriptural thingee that says if man were to be in the presence of god he wouldn't be able handle it in mind or body. so maybe thats what got them so zooted.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/14/television.john.reut/index.html

Say goodbye to 'John from Cincinnati'

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- The wave has crashed for "John From Cincinnati." A day after its first-season finale, HBO on Monday canceled the dark surfing drama.

Labeled by critics as "strange," "weird" and "unlikable," "John" never clicked with viewers despite a strong marketing campaign and such well-known leads as Rebecca De Mornay and Bruce Greenwood.

For the few devoted fans of the show, which David Milch ("Deadwood") created with "surf noir" author Kem Nunn, the mysterious final line in the season finale -- John saying, "Mother of God, Cass-Kai" over a shot of Kai (Keala Kennelly) surfing -- will remain just that, a mystery.

Meanwhile, HBO is yet to decide the fate of its other summer freshman series, the comedy "Flight of the Conchords."

It's been a rough summer for HBO, while basic cable networks have launched a slew of hit new series -- USA Network's "Burn Notice," Lifetime's "Army Wives" and TNT's "Saving Grace," all renewed for a second season.

HBO's upcoming series include the drama "In Treatment," the comedy "12 Miles of Bad Road" and "True Blood," the recently picked-up vampire drama by "Six Feet Under" creator Alan Ball.

That's truly a shame, because John from Cincinnati is such a great show, and I felt like every episode kept getting better and better, more riveting. I'm going to write them a letter. If enough people do it, maybe they will bring it back, it's happened before. They also did nothing to promote this show, which is sad because when people jump in the middle of the season they have no idea what the hell is happening, or if it's even about surfing.

Also, Flight of the Concords is a good show, I laugh at lot at it and so do my friends. If they cancelled that it would be a bummer, because it's good enough to keep, in my opinion. I feel the same way about Lucky Louis. They aren't GREAT shows, but they are definitely good and better than 98% of the shit on TV.

HBO should learn from the past, that their shows that had mediocre ratings in their first season have grown and grown in audience afterwards, like the Sopranos, Rome, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Oz. They gotta stop cancelling shows like these because people will just lose interest. I already think they are stretching themselves thin with all the new shit coming out, we'll see. I'm looking forward to the Vampire show, and if they ever do a Preacher show based on the comic I am all about it.

word i loved the show too, and last night i just found myself constantly saying "what the fuck?".

the whole conversation between john and link was ridiculous, and even worse then that was the car dealer talking to link's boy link and john.

regardless i feel the same way you guys do, for some reason week after week i couldn't wait to see what was going to happen, and i really hope their is at least another season of this, which could at least explain some of the shit that went on.

OHYEAH.

flight of the conchords is straight stupid. can't even watch that shit. and curb you're enthusiasm is AMAZING.

and they should bring deadwood back.

rome was sick too.

btw next season of the wire anyone?

i'm HBO's #1 fan ;O

flight of the conchords is really really funny actually.

i enjoyed them more when i saw their one night stand live shit first.......the show kind of wrecked some of that shit.......their still hilarious none the fuck.

i live on rescue me.

i'll take it i should watch first 8 episodes of john cincinnati?

they are free on my robot vision box

just watched all the eppisodes in a row yestarday

kind of wierd but for some reason I still watched them all - and am looking foward to tonights epoisode

entourage IS getting weak - they need to spice it up

I wouldnt mind seeing Ari's wife in her undies a lil more often